Apprentice Production Chef Real Food Alderley Edge Ltd
As an apprentice, your role will involve supporting the 2 chefs in and helping inspire daily specials in the deli, prepare the salad bar, bake cakes, breakfast, lunches and dinners. Maintaining our 5 star hygiene rating by keeping clean and organised. Being punctual and smart in a customer facing environment.
Closing date: 07 Dec 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
12 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your day would include but not be limited to:
- Bring in, process and check deliveries, rotate stock, check invoices correspond with deliveries
- Write a prep list and plan the days specials, and bookings with the chef on duty
- Prepare food in a clean and professional way, asking questions and making sure everything is up to a high standard
- Prepare salads and sandwiches to order, take orders, chat and engage with customers, promoting our catering services as and when appropriate
- Package up dinner menus ready for take away
- Clean down and make ready for the following day, prepare orders for suppliers
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn new techniques and cuisines
- Polite with customers
- Team player
- Sense of humour
- Willingness to learn
- None specified
- Full time position for the right candidate after successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
The shop is in the centre of Alderley Edge, which is at walking distance from the station
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Real Food Alderley Edge is a local Delicatessen at the centre of Alderley Edge village. Our aim is to bring the freshest ingredients in a traditional and creative way. Every day different menus and recipes, covering all different types of cuisine anything from traditional British and French to Thai, Indian and Japanese flavours and more! We cook everything on site and everything is fresh for the day, we have some amazing local artisan suppliers, for fruit, vegetables, meat and fish.
We are offering a large selection of breakfast sandwiches, salad bar, boxes for lunch and 3-courses menus for dinner. We do also do a lot of outside catering and events from office lunches, private dinner parties, funerals etc. We also cater for a number of lifestyle choice and dietary requirements, from Vegan to Gluten free.
Tina, the business owner, has an extensive experience in five stars hotels and as private chef in chalets and on private yachts. Head Chef Nigel, is very well travelled and is an enthusiastic foodie, he has been in the industry for the past 30 years, working in Hotels and reputable restaurants.
Anyone joining this team, will be lucky to be trained by a wealth of experience. We do have 3 fronts of the house in the service team, making excellent coffee and leasing with customers to further bookings and growing the business.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625 410000 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.