Apprentice Baker/Kitchen Assistant Whitacre Hall Ltd
To assist with baking and decorating cakes for sale in the tea room and to assist with the day-to-day cooking and serving of food and drinks.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
12 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assisting with baking and decorating rustic but tasty cakes for sale in the tea room
- Assisting with baking and preparing afternoon teas and serving them to customers
- Assisting with customer enquires relating to allergens of cakes and food
- Assisting with cooking of food for sale in the tea room ensuring food is produced to a high health and safety standard and in a timely manner
- Washing pots as required
- Ensure kitchen area and baking equipment is clean at all times and operational
- Monitor and keep H&S records for the baking and kitchen area
- Monitor baking stock
- Order supplies as required
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the tea room
- Provide cover for other team members as required
Other Duties - Serving the Customers
- Ensure all customers are served in a polite and friendly manner.
- Take orders and money for food and drink and processing transactions through a till/chip and pin
- Communicate orders clearly via systems in place
- Barista work serving hot and cold drinks e.g. tea, coffee, hot chocolate
- Serve meals, bakes and hot and cold drinks to customers
- Clean tables, dispose of waste and load the dishwasher
- Answering phone calls
- Take Bookings
- Understand all safety procedures relating to food hygiene, health, safety, fire and security (full training will be provided)
Requirements and prospects
- Experience in a similar environment is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Good time management
- IT literate – MS Office
- Enthusiasm for baking and cooking
- Be of clean and tidy appearance
- Be responsible, honest and reliable
- Be an effective team worker
- Confident and “can do” attitude
- We will require flexibility in respect of time and duties to suit changes in customer and business needs
- GCSE maths and English Grade E/2 or above (or equivalent)
- Potential for permanent long term position with avenues for progression into management.
- Options for progression onto higher level apprenticeships.
Things to consider
- We are located down a rural lane in Nether Whitacre so own driving licence and access to own vehicle is essential. However, may be some support for lift sharing if candidates live close to the area.
About the employer
We are an established tea room who loves to take pride in producing quality home baked products. We are passionate about how it looks, tastes and is served.
We make and serve delicious cakes, sandwiches, toasties, salads, soups, baked potatoes and home-made dishes using locally sourced ingredients.
We want our customers to enjoy a relaxing breakfast, lunch, cake or afternoon tea in our secluded and tranquil farm tea room that is located on a site of historical intertest.
Whitacre Hall Ltd
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College
- Hospitality Standard level 2 (delivery within the workplace)
- Food and hygiene training (delivered by employer in the workplace)
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Option to attend generic business skills workshops (online 1/2 day once a fortnight)
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.