Dental Nurse Apprentice GRASSINGTON DENTAL CARE LIMITED
Grassington Dental are looking to recruit a highly motivated Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team. If you are an enthusiastic and hardworking individual who would like to develop a career in Dental care, then apply now!
Closing date: 14 Jan 2022
£166.32 to £320.76
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
17 Jan 2022
12 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Successful candidates will provide clinical support to dentists, hygienists and patients. You will also assist the reception staff in any clerical duties and perform any other tasks as reasonably requested by the principal.
Some of the jobs listed below will be part of your day to day activity:
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Provide clinical assistance to the dentists and hygienist while treating the patient, under his/her supervision
- Take all reasonable methods to ensure patient comfort
- Continually interpret the needs of the patients and dentists or hygienist, and deal with them promptly and efficiently
- Building relationships with patients
- Managing patient appointments
- Making sure all equipment is sterilised and ready before procedures and treatments
- Processing lab requests/ X-Rays
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills are vital in providing a high standard of care to all patients interactions during the normal working day with other staff members, patients and healthcare professionals
- Good written skills
- IT literate
- Willingness to learn new skills and behaviours
- A strong work ethic
- A friendly, approachable personality
- A positive attitude to learning and developing new skills is a must
GCSE grade A*-C or 9-4 in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing professional development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
Things to consider
Do you have 9-4 (A*-C) in English and Maths (or the equivalent)?
About the employer
We provide a high quality professional friendly service within a modern purpose-built medical centre in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales.
We pride ourselves at working together with all of our individual patients to make sure that we get the right treatment for you, with a strong focus on prevention to ensure that you maintain a happy and healthy smile.
Four modern air-conditioned surgeries with full disabled access, including a lift and automatic doors. Digital x-rays giving you instant results and dramatically reducing your radiation exposure. A fully computerised practice incorporating digital in the mouth cameras so that your treatment needs can be discussed clearly with you.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Tom Hughes 01274 728316 email@example.com
Advanced Level Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard:
- Competency qualification: Apprentices will be required to produce work and build an e-portfolio of evidence through blended learning which will include practical and written knowledge assessments which are carried out in the workplace
- You will be required to study on a day release basis for the knowledge aspect of this qualification
Units covered are:
- Infection Control
- Assessment of oral health and treatment planning
- Dental Radiography
- Management of oral health diseases and dental procedures
- Evidence of workplace competency is gathered in an electronic portfolio.
The apprenticeship has an End Point Assessment (EPA) which will be arranged in your workplace.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.