Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprentice Process Design & Fabrications Limited
You will work as part of a team and be responsible for preparing material ready for the lamination, applying the GRP Lamination onto various products.
Closing date: 28 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Jun 2022
17 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will work as part of a team and be responsible for preparing material ready for lamination , applying the GRP lamination onto various products. You will be working with chemicals (all necessary PPE will be provided) and using a variety of hand tools.
There will be other duties involved in the role and you must be flexible and willing to undertake training to gain a full understanding of requirements.
- Health & Safety: Work safely at all times, complying with health and safety legislation, regulations, and other relevant guidelines. Identifying risks within their processes and support/carry out countermeasure activities to improve safe working. Manage tooling, equipment and materials daily in-line with supplier standards e.g. COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health).
- Environmental: Comply with environmental procedures and systems and contribute to the achievement of specific standards e.g. ISO 14001 or other relevant environmental standards and use the 4R’s (Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, Recover) where possible.
- Production: Demonstrate their ability to carry out their role effectively, efficiently and flexibly maintaining lean manufacturing principles to meet customer’s demands e.g. JIT
- Lean Manufacturing Operations: Demonstrate their skill and knowledge following SOPs and building their versatility across a number of processes and process areas. Select and use appropriate tools, equipment and materials to carry out the manufacturing operation
- Quality Control: Demonstrate appropriate process documentation control. Accurately completing check sheets, monitoring process and equipment data efficiently and legibly using the correct terminology required to meet the quality standard e.g. ISO 9002
- Problem Solving: Demonstrate their ability to identify and resolve problems within the lean manufacturing environment using effective problem solving tools and techniques. Manage problems that may occur during the manufacturing process within the limits of their responsibility and escalate as appropriate
- Continuous Improvement: Generate ideas and contribute to process improvement activities individually or as part of a team through fact finding and analysis to improve the safety, environment, quality, cost or production process. Identifying and eliminating the 7 wastes (defects, over production, transportation, waiting, inventory, motion and processing)
- Communication: Demonstrate communication skills which include oral, written, electronic (PC), information boards or visual displays to effectively share information
- Work Place Organisation: Maintains and monitors the work site efficiently and effectively at all times using the elements of sifting, sorting, sweeping, spick & span (5’s) within the lean manufacturing environment
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Be proactive
- Hard working
- A keen desire to learn
GCSE maths and English Grade 4 or above.
- Potential to progress within the business
About the employer
PDFL is a process specialist company that offers over 50 years of experience in the metal finishing, process industry and water industry. The current workforce has over 100 years of combined experience in delivering cost-effective solutions to their clients.
Process Fabrications Limited are specialists in the fabrication of tanks for the process and chemical industries.
The company recognises the specialist requirements for these industries and offers fabrication of tanks and process vessels in mild steel, stainless steel and a full range of thermoplastics for virtually every conceivable application.
They also have field service teams available for on-site welding and linings.
Process Design & Fabrications Limited
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
Samantha Louise Sanders 01922 651100 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lean Manufacturing Operative standard Level 2
- Functional skills English and maths
- 20% off job training
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.