Finance Apprentice UK WASTE SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Do you want a career in an organisation that empowers you to be your best? We’re looking for a finance apprentice to join the Novati family. You’ll get to work, learn and earn within an industry which is developing each day and will give you the support and career development opportunities.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Jun 2022
12 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
What we are looking for:
Someone who is outgoing and passionate about providing exceptional customer service, who will make a difference to our business and our customers. It’s important for you to be a great communicator and equally a good listener. You’ll need to have a passion for investigation; find out what our customers want and deliver that service. You will always put our customer first, so we deliver service excellence. You will work as part of a team that contributes towards Novati being the best in the industry.
Duties will include:
- Daily bank receipt allocations (high volume)
- Raising weekly and ad-hoc supplier payments
- Logging overhead invoices
- Assisting the management accountants as necessary
- Further opportunities for all round accounts experience (i.e. sales and purchase ledger)
- Reconciling bank accounts
- General office duties, filing, shredding, scanning etc.
- Keeping online Database, Diary and Tasks up to date
Applicants may be required to attend an Assessment Centre with West Notts College Apprenticeships as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Genuine interest in the sector
GCSE Grades A*-C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9-4.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Our determination and our Vision is to be the Number 1 Waste Management Broker in the UK. We will deliver this through setting ourselves apart from our competitors and being the waste management company of choice.
Our people are the key to our success, you drive our success by making a difference, innovating and putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Our office newly refurbished offices in Newark is the perfect place for you to start your career, in a business which cares about you, your development and values your ideas and opinions.
You might say we are a different type of corporate and we are looking for a different type of team member.
UK WASTE SOLUTIONS LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Nath 01623 627 191 Leoni.Nath@wnc.ac.uk
Accounts or Finance Assistant Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.