Apprentice Butcher St Peters Garden Centre
This an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to become a skilled craft butcher. This can be the first step on the road to a career in management for the right candidate.
Closing date: 01 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
12 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Receiving deliveries, inspecting, and storage of the goods
- Prepare and place meat and delicatessen foods on display in the serve over counters, so they appear attractive and displayed to the company standard to attract customers
- Prepare cuts of meats and foods that have been ordered by customers or for display (under strict supervision)
- Cleaning the preparation and display areas that are used to maintain a safe and hygienic working environment
- To work as part of a close team to ensure the company’s vision is met
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Excellent customer service
- Flexible approach to learning
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about fine foods and cooking Although full training with be ongoing
- Commitment to work hard and complete your training
- Good work ethic
- Polite and professional manner
No specific qualifications are required, however good maths and English will be expected as you have to achieve functional skills level 1 or GCSE grade D or above.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship could potentially lead onto a full time position and the chance to progress with training and further qualifications
Things to consider
You will be working in a chilled environment and are expected to be active for long periods of time. The ability to handle meat is essential to the role as well as using a knife and other equipment safely.
About the employer
We are a family run garden centre in the heart of Worcestershire. We are famous for our fantastic customer service and our vast array of homemade products, Sausages, burgers etc,
We source locally where possible to ensure the very best quality for our fresh meats from farmers that believe welfare of their animals is paramount.
CROSBY MANAGEMENT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Crosby Management Training Ltd
Samantha Edwards 01902 837452 email@example.com
Butcher level 2.
Full training will be provided on an on-going basis by your employer and training provider. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week. You will learn essential manual and knife skills over the course of the programme. You will also gain the following qualifications:
- Health and Safety Level 2
- Food Safety Level 2
- Knife Skills Level 2
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.