Apprentice Dental Nurse Level 3 Oak Tree Dental Practice
The dental nurse works within the dental team to provide oral health care for patients. As a dental nurse, you will come into close contact with patients of all ages, so good communication and a friendly manner are essential.
Closing date: 17 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
10 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse, you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care. You will need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
You daily activities could include:
- Assisting the dentist with providing treatments to patients
- Patient care
- Setting up and cleaning surgery
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Adhering to practice policies and procedures
During your apprenticeship, you will develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills as the practice is fully digital
- Have some knowledge of CQC standards and GDC standards
- Have good communication skills
- Kind and patient
- Calm and works well under pressure
- Be efficient
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable. If you do not have these grades, you will be required to complete Functional Skills
Possibility of ongoing employment and further development following completion of the dental nursing qualification.
About the employer
Oak Tree Dental Practice is a family run practice situated in the heart of Wollaston village. We pride ourselves in providing quality dentistry and we are passionate in providing a relaxing and comfortable experience for you.
Our aim is to achieve good dental health through preventative dentistry for all ages.
Here at Oak Tree, we like to welcome patients with a smile. Our friendly and approachable staff will look after you and our dentists will provide you with advice, options and most importantly the results you are looking for.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Jayne Acquaye 0121 667 5018
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- On the job training
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.