Apprentice Chef Gisborough Hall Hotel
To consistently deliver the highest levels of excellence in food standards & cleanliness along with achieving hotel budgeted sales, profitability and safety obligations.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2021
£138.60 to £267.30
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
17 Dec 2021
10 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Clean and prepare food in accordance with set procedures as directed by senior Chefs
- Take ownership of your section, ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness are adhered to through the correct completion of cleaning and closedown schedules
- Control company stock and property, ensuring correct storage of food and a basic understanding of food care along with the importance of waste management
- Ensure compliance with all food and health and safety legal requirements, ensuring all food safety training and documentation is up to date
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of staff lunches
- Operate and clean equipment with due regard to safety
- Willingness to learn new cooking techniques and preparation styles
- Understand local authority expectations regarding Food safety
- To participate fully in reviews, meetings and training
- To comply with any other reasonable request made by the management team
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to carry out tasks quickly and competently
- The ability to pick up detailed instructions quickly and follow them closely
- Good spoken communication skills
- A passion for food and we will teach you the rest.
- A* - D in maths and English is preferred by the employer
- A full-time job for the right candidate on completion of the qualification and progression in the role
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Gisborough Hall Hotel are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as an Apprentice Chef. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Commis Chef.
Gisborough Hall Hotel
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 2 qualification in Commis Chef
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.