Nursery Apprentice More2childcare
The Apprentice will be based in one of our three rooms and will take responsibility for assisting in the rooms with children to provide high quality, safe, stimulating and flexible childcare. They will take individual responsibility to safeguard the children in their care and promote their wellbeing.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Aug 2017
13 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To help to provide care for children in the room
- To be responsible at all times for high standards of care and education of children between 0 and 5 years in accordance with statutory requirements
- To create a welcoming and family friendly environment
- With your growing knowledge of EYFS help with planning of daily activities and provide suitable play and learning opportunities
- To help ensure children under your care develop and learn in a safe and supportive environment
- To be involved in the process for monitoring children’s progress and sharing information about their development with their parents and/or carer’s.
- To carry out all duties associated with looking after the children and around the daily routine – ie preparing snacks for snack time, changing nappies, cleansing of equipment etc
- To help set up the nursery before the children arrive in the morning and to help to clean and tidy away at the end of each session
- Other: To carry out tasks requested by your manager and to provide cover in the absence of staff where required.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To be aware of and adhere to the setting’s operational policies and procedures. Eg health and safety, fire precautions, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to valuing diversity and equal opportunities
- Commitment to working effectively with young children and families
- Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships
GCSE Maths and English grade C or above.
About the employer
Training will be provided by Training Associates, providing the successful apprentice with an NVQ level 2 in Childcare.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017