Apprentice Field Service Engineer Snap On Diagnostics
Snap On Diagnostics are looking for x2 Apprentices to join their team of Field Service Engineers. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in engineering!
Closing date: 21 Oct 2021
£173.25 to £334.13
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
10 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To install equipment on customer sites
- To meet timescales as per the install booking calendar
- Provide demonstration of equipment on customer sites
- Maintain accurate call status information by closing completed calls daily / reviewing new calls logged.
- Provide efficient and effective response to customer calls.
- To perform install equipment on customer sites
- To affect repairs, calibrations and other customer requirements in accordance with the applicable SQMS procedures.
- Accurate management of inventory as defined within SQMS operating procedures.
- Ensure all tooling, test and diagnostic equipment is calibrated and tested for electrical safety.
- Complete all necessary documentation in a timely fashion.
- Maintain appropriate Quality records and Product support documents.
- Provide customer feedback to the appropriate area.
- Ensure compliance of the UKAS calibration procedures.
- Awareness and understanding of work practices SEQ, Quality and H & S system requirements, departmental objectives and subsequent changes.
- The employee will observe confidentiality regarding Snap-on’s products and policies and refrain from any disclosure, which may be prejudicial to copyrights or other Intellectual properties.
- Provide “Passionate customer care” at all times
- Provide customers with “Uncompromising quality of work at all times.
- Be aware of Customer Connections Metrics and actively work towards achieving the desired results.
- Any other duties requested by Manager
Requirements and prospects
- Functional/Technical skills; has the knowledge and skills to do the job to a high level of accomplishment.
- Problem solving; Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions. Looks beyond the obvious for answer.
- Composure; if a challenging situation occurs, you will be able to stay calm and follow instructions when under pressure.
- Customer Focus; is dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer expectations by delivering a 1st class customer service experience at all times.
- Integrity and trust; is widely trusted, is seen as a direct, truthful individual who will present the truth in an appropriate and positive manner.
- Interpersonal savvy; relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways both inside and outside the organisation. Builds appropriate rapport, constructive and effective relationships and can use their sense of diplomacy and tact to diffuse even high tension situations comfortably.
- Peer relationships; can quickly find common ground and solve problems. Is seen as a team player.
- Planning; can accurately scope out both the length and complexity of tasks and projects, sets achievable goals and objectives.
- Time Management; Uses their time effectively and efficiently by concentrating their efforts at all times on the business priorities.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's grades 9-4 (A*-C) including English and Science and a minimum of a grade 5/C in maths.
- To become a engineer within Snap-on performing installations/calibrations and servicing equipment
Things to consider
*Please be mindful that the initial stages of your training will take place in the STEGTA Training Centre in Flixton, Manchester. You will be required to travel here on a day release basis throughout Year 1 of the programme.
*This role requires the successful candidate to possess a clean driving licence.
Please do not contact the employer directly - all application sto come via STEGTA.
About the employer
Snap-on Diagnostics is widely recognised as a global market leader in the manufacture and supply of specialist electronic test equipment for the automotive sector; part of a $4 billion organisation.
Over the last year we have seen significant growth in our equipment business and are now expanding in several areas to continue our industry leading support to our customers. Our customers’ success is what continuously drives us forward and we now require additional customer-focussed associates
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford & Trafford Engineering Group Training Association Limited
Nicola McGivern firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Engineering Fitter Standard to include:
- Practical Skills Training which will be undertaken at The STEGTA Training Centre based in Flixton, Manchester on a day release basis during the initial stages of the Apprenticeship programme
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufcaturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) to be studied on a day release basis at College
- Portfolio based evidence to cover all Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours requirements of the Standard
- End Point Assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.