Upholstery Apprenticeship EDISON & DAY LTD
We wish to recruit enthusiastic apprentices to join our family run workshop. The successful candidates will be trained in all aspects of upholstery, through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training. You will learn practical skills and techniques to produce different types of furniture components for the care industry.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Aug 2022
10 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Upholstering items of furniture for the care sector including wing chairs, dining chairs and sofas
- Collecting components to produce various items of upholstery
- Preparing frames for upholstery
- Construct suspensions and foundations for upholstery
- Use correct filling materials ready to prepare the top covers
- Align and place top covers to meet pattern requirements
- Pattern matching
- Following lead manufacturing techniques
- Applying fixing and trimming including decorative features
- Checking and ensuring all materials are to specification with job requirements
- Working to strict deadlines to meet order demands
- Following health and safety procedures whilst using a range of tools and equipment
- Follow codes of conduct whilst in the workplace
- Working in a small team and supporting others
Requirements and prospects
Skills required to become an Upholster:
- Punctual/timekeeping skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Material knowledge
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication
- The ability to follow instructions
- Excellent practical skills
- Exceptional maths skills for taking measurements
- The ability to work under pressure
This is an exceptional exciting opportunity for a practical minded person who is looking to start their career in upholstery.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Willing to learn
- A team player and flexible in their approach to work
- None required, however, the successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both maths and English if they have not achieved prior or have an equivalent
- Advanced Apprenticeship in a trade specific role
- Progression within the organisation with more responsibility
- Operating CAD software
About the employer
Edison & Day Ltd have spent the past decade innovating the care furniture industry both through design, service and quality of our furniture.
Edison & Day is a family owned manufacturer & supplier of design led high quality care home furniture, contract furniture & fire-retardant curtains.
Established in 2007, following on from a history of 5 generations in furniture and furnishings, we’ve spent the past 10 years developing a deep understanding of the sectors we operate in and the challenges they face.
As a UK manufacturer, we combine our experience and expertise to produce innovative solutions to help meet those challenges.
At Edison & Day® we supply a comprehensive and ever evolving product portfolio. We complement our wide product range with an exemplary service offering including space plans, project management and installation along with a bespoke design & manufacture service. Our clients are our most important partners and we strive to offer an unmatched after sales service that includes regular contact with their dedicated account manager.
Edison & Day is for those who have design at the heart of their project. We understand how competitive the marketplace is and offer a consultative service to understand our clients vision and produce a scheme that is unique to them.
Additional location information
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Jennie Jarvis 01159677771 firstname.lastname@example.org
Furniture Manufacturer level 2 standard.
During your apprenticeship programme, you will receive training both off and on the job. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of upholstery to ensure you are capable, carrying out your role using traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.
If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade 4/C or above or have equivalent qualifications, you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however, English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.