Intermediate Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy Sian Hair & Beauty
We are looking for someone with a passion for beauty to join our friendly team. There will be a work station for you where you can build up a clientele, you will need to be able to run your own social media page to help boost your clients and to build up a portfolio.
Closing date: 12 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
26 Jun 2022
10 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
***PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTACT THE EMPLOYER TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AS YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. ***
A friendly and welcoming hair and beauty salon situated in the heart of ramsgate, a young modern salon with the potential of an amazing beauty career with a large open area offering nails, pedicures lashes and massage, there isn’t many things we cannot provide.
They are now looking for a salon assistant to join their team while being developed into a beauty apprentice This qualification is for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed beauty therapist what you will learn and develop:
- How to carry out beauty therapy treatments in line with legal, industry and organisational requirements, maintaining honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- How to carry out, maintain and store detailed and confidential beauty treatment consultations with clients, choosing the most appropriate treatments and products
- How to implement and practices safe ways of working for themselves and others in accordance with legal, beauty therapy and organisational requirements
How to selects, uses, and applies a range of beauty therapy techniques, products, tools and equipment to provide the following treatments:
- waxing treatments
- hand and nail treatments
- foot treatments
- facial skin care treatments
- eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- make-up application
- massage treatments
- provide advice and recommendations on the beauty treatments, products and appointments
- portray professionalism and values that meet Beauty Therapy industry requirements and expectations
- maintains standards of appearance and the salon/spa image, etiquette and hygiene
This qualification is for learners seeking to work in and develop their skills in a commercial setting The Beauty Standard apprenticeship is available at two levels and will lead to job roles such as junior therapist in a spa/salon or session make-up artist or Junior salon receptionist. Typical places of work are a beauty salon, Hotel spas & cruise ships You’ll provide a limited range of services to clients as well as assisting and supporting more senior therapist while working towards the above qualification
The on programme learning for this apprenticeship is mainly through the on the job experience within a salon environment, focused on gaining the knowledge and demonstrating the skills in several core areas 20% off the job is required and is covered with theory delivery, shadowing, mentoring and coaching at our sites and in the workplace. You’ll also study English and maths at a level to suit you. All beauty therapists will need to communicate effectively with clients, order stock and calculate pricing.
Requirements and prospects
- A friendly and welcoming manner.
- The ability to make clients feel relaxed.
- The ability to explain procedures clearly to clients.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- The ability to sell products & services and earn commission.
- Smart appearance
- Passion in beauty therapy
- People skills
- Confident in your ability
- Never give up attitude
- GCSE grades A-C (or equivalent) in maths, English would be desired
- A L2 Hair & Beauty qualification would be an advantage
- This employer is looking for the apprentice that they recruit to sustain a long term career with them & the chance to develop and progress to an advanced Beauty Apprenticeship Once fully qualified, Beauty Therapists in the UK earn on average £11,835 - £19,982 per year
Things to consider
From the 1st April 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices increased for young people aged 16-18 and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new rate is £4.30 per hour. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age. Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a 5% contribution for all learners that are 19+ PLEASE NOTE: The dates as entered for the interview/start dates for this opportunity are to be used as a guide and interviews will take place as close to this date as is reasonably practical for the employer followed by a start date offered by the employer.
***PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTACT THE EMPLOYER TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AS YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. *** You will be required to work weekends & late evenings and maybe required to complete a trade test. This employer dependent on work experience or GCSE grades.
You will also be required to have a Pre-screening interview over the phone with one of TNB Skills Training advisers before your details are passed to the employer to ensure you meet their criteria so please expect a call Entry onto this qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 2 qualification in Hair or beauty therapy and/or a successful skills test and interview.
About the employer
Here at Sian Hair And Beauty we have a huge passion for ensuring that we provide our clients with nothing but a friendly and professional service at reasonable prices.
We welcome you into the salon so you can see the passion our team has for the hair and beauty industry.
TNB Skills Training
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by That Nail Place Ltd
Sian Brown 01843583582 email@example.com
- Beauty Professional in Beauty Therapy level 2
- Functional Skills maths & English (if required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.