Fenestration Fabrication Apprentices Mps Glass And Window Centre Limited
MPS Glass and Window Ltd are looking to take on two fenestration (window) fabrication apprentices to join their team in Exmouth.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
10 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Apprentices Role:
- The successful applicant will be working within an installation team
- Working from design drawings to fabricate windows and doors
- Applying hardware and beading windows
- Using automated machinery (after training)
- Assembly work using hand tools (after training)
- Assisting with deliveries
- Complying with all Health and Safety Polices
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be able to work within a team and get on with people of all age
- They must have good communication skills as they will need to communicate with a range of people including customers, colleagues and many more
- They will be honest and trustworthy, as they will deal with members of the public in their own homes
- They must also have good time keeping
- Being polite and courteous to all customers and members of staff is also crucial at all times
- It is also essential that you have a positive attitude and a good work ethic
GCSE English and maths A*-C (9-4) or equivalent is desirable, but not essential.
On completion of your level 2 apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to progress onto higher level qualifications and become an invaluable asset to the organisation.
About the employer
Since 1991 MPS Glass and Window Centre has been servicing the needs of home owners and builders in Devon for the last 20 years. They are based in Exmouth, Devon and are very active in their local community with plenty of links to local charitable and sporting organisations.
They believe in doing their very best, regardless of the task in hand, and in encouraging others to do the same. For the right candidate it is a great opportunity to learn a new trade and start a new career in a thriving business sector.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442 email@example.com
- Level 2 Fenestration Fabrication Standard
Most aspects of your training will be delivered on-site with the employer, and you will have regular site visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor, who will monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme.
Skills Group will also support you to achieve Emergency First Aid and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
You will also be supported by Skills Group to complete your CSCS online test, to achieve your CSCS Card which enables you to carry out site work, if required.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.