Apprentice Chef Lou & Joe Ltd
This is a unique opportunity to join a vibrant business. We are looking for a dynamic individual seeking a career in hospitality and catering. You will work in the kitchen area alongside our head chef cultivating your food preparation and cooking skills.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
10 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- To shadow one full time member of staff, learning the correct techniques for preparing and cooking
- Preparing, cooking, and plating food, keeping in line with due diligence and working clean
- To adhere to all health and safety whilst in the kitchen
- Day to day cleaning operations within the kitchen
- To ensure that the food served is of quality standard
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Inner drive
- Willingness to learn
- Work well as part of a team
- Passion for homemade food
- Eagerness to be a very good chef
- Eagerness to learn and ambition to become a fully trained chef
GCSEs at grades E/2 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Possibility of securing permanent employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The first stage after your initial application will be to attend an interview with a member of the team at Kirklees College. It is mandatory to attend an interview at the college for your application to progress.
Candidates may be asked to complete an assessment as part of the interview process. Information will be in your interview letter.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team at Kirklees college on email@example.com or Tel: 01484 437000. There is no need to contact the employer at this stage, the college is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
About the employer
Located in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire. Lou & Joe’s is an institution for outstanding burgers and good vibes all round. we’re an independent restaurant with a desire to create moments of happiness within a bun.
We like to keep it local. We’ve hand-picked all our ingredients from local suppliers to support our community, as well as displaying the finest produce god’s country can create. here, everything is crafted with love by the Lou & Joe’s tribe.
Lou & Joe Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
April King firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.