Apprentice Nursery Assistant Hillyfields Day Nursery
Hillyfields Day Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Dec 2021
08 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Roles & Responsibilities
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils.
- Whole school/Centre record keeping.
Participating in meetings relating to:
- Curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy.
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- GCSE's C or above preferable (or equivalent).
Further Training and potential full-time employment.
About the employer
Both our Day Nurseries are open from 8am to 6pm. We are open throughout the year with the exception of Christmas, one week at Easter and statutory public holidays.
Please note our Broadfields Nursery offers limited spaces between 8:00 - 8:30am.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 07495 553353 email@example.com
- Level 3 NVQ in Childcare.
- Functional Skills if required.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.