Apprentice Dental Nurse WISDOM PARTNERSHIP LTD
Wisdom Partnership are looking to recruit an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join the practice. They will assist the team with reception duties, working with clients, sterilising, nursing and hygiene duties, and assisting dental staff.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2021
£147.84 to £285.12
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
01 Apr 2022
06 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The applicant will learn all aspects of the life within the dental practice, ie: reception duties, sterilising duties and nursing duties.
The clinical side is the most important area for the applicant and will be guided by all the trained nurses within the practice. Responsibilities will grow in time but initially learning is the most important area.
We aim to help and support the applicant to complete and qualify their role in Dental Nursing.
Main duties will include:
- Reception duties
- Greeting clients
- Helping to put clients at ease
- Undertaking sterilising duties
- Following hygiene procedures
- Nursing duties
- Assisting our trained dental nurses
- Assisting the dentist or hygienist
- Chairside assistance including passing instruments
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Commitment and a strong work ethic
- Excellent time management skills
- Confidence in dealing with people
- Friendly nature
- Highly enthusiastic and well-motivated individual
- Initiative and able to multi-task
Applicants should hold Level 2 Functional skills English and maths or GCSE, or equivalents, Grade 4/C as part of the entry requirements onto this Level 3 Apprenticeship course.
If a potential apprentice does not currently meet these requirements, they will need to attend additional Functional Skills English and Maths sessions.
Applicants who are currently undertaking or sitting GCSEs in English and maths should include their predicted grades on their application. If successful for this position, you will be offered a conditional place on the Apprenticeship course, subject to you meeting the entry requirements for maths and English.
- Further qualifications in radiography, oral health and reception work
Things to consider
- On site carpark
About the employer
State of the art, ultra modern, private practice.
WISDOM PARTNERSHIP LTD
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Norwich City College
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH 01603773365 email@example.com
For the full Apprenticeship, learners will complete:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to taking the End Point Assessment.
Apprentices must achieve a GDC approved Licence to Practice qualification in Dental Nursing.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.