Apprentice Design Technician Cornish Concrete Products Ltd
To work as a member of the design team in a varied role, ranging from general support of the senior design techs to producing the product designs for our onsite manufacture facility, and generally supporting the business where required. You will work towards a Level 3 Engineering Design and Draughtsperson apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
06 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- To work as a member of the design team and support the company as a whole
- To produce general arrangement and detail drawings for our range of flooring products, in line with company procedures using WinFloor, AutoCAD and Tekla Precast; Primary responsibility will be for block and beam flooring and hollow-core flooring planks
- Undertake and track necessary revisions to drawings based upon comments received
- Report any deviation from the quotation or contract to the Design Manager in a timely manner
- Maintain and file all drawings in line with company procedure
- To take off quantities from architectural and structural drawings to assist the estimating department when required
- To undertake site surveys when required, under guidance/ attendance of the Design Manager
- To assist with enquiries from customers
- Where necessary chasing and liaising with external consultants when required
- Undertake training as and when required
- Keep up to date with latest industry practice and developments
- Be responsible for their own and others Health & Safety as far as is possible
- To undertake any other work as deemed necessary
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprenticeship standard within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff
Please provide a mobile telephone number on your application, if successful, an invitation via text message will be sent to you, to attend an approval session for the apprenticeship programme.
It is essential you attend this interview to process in full your application to the employer.
Please note that certificates showing acquired qualifications are required as part of your application, please bring with you the following information to your approval meeting at college:
- Photographic proof of ID
- Qualification certificates
- National Insurance Number
- Updated CV
Please send your updated CV before the vacancy closing date to:
Please ensure travel to this employer's location is realistic and something you could commit to.
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria.
Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application.
Requirements and prospects
- IT skills
- Good communication skills
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD and Tekla systems is essential and experience with WinFloor / Floor CAD would be highly advantageous
- Good multitasker
- Comfortable in a busy office environment
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English are essential.
Possible progression onto:
- Junior Design Tech
- Senior Design tech
About the employer
Precast Concrete manufacturer – specialising in the design and manufacture of bespoke precast units.
Cornish Concrete Products Ltd
T3 Training & Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by T3 Training & Development
Leanne Melling +441226610201 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Engineering Design and Draughtsperson apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Specialist Training Programme
- BTEC Level 3 in Construction & The Built Environment
Engineering design and draughtsperson
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.