Apprentice Carer - Community Based MI CASA CARE LTD
Are you passionate about caring for people and ensuring they lead as active and independent lives as possible? This role provides the opportunity to learn both the caring and administrative roles within a community care provider. Areas covered include Mansfield, Huthwaite, Ravenshead, Ashfield, Newark, Bilsthorpe and Edwinstowe.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
06 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Enable clients to lead as active and independent lives as possible by providing holistic and personal care
- Promote choice to customers in their daily living by providing care, which meets care quality commissions (CQC) fundamental standards and support happy living for the years ahead
- Comply with CQC fundamental standards and RCG’s policies and procedures at all times
- Prioritise tasks as appropriate
- Escalate concerns/issues as appropriate
- Record accurate and legible documentation
- Deliver a care plan
- Identify and report signs of poor practice or abuse
- Identify and ensure health and safety standards are met
- Support in the office with care planning and risk assessing
- Support care managers with administration duties
Within the first 12 weeks of your induction period you will:
- Gain the ability to read, understand and contribute to care plans
- Learn about Health and safety in the workplace
- Complete all Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Understand and complete the Care Certificate 15 standards
Applicants may be required to attend an Assessment Centre with West Notts College Apprenticeships as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Good, clear communication skills
A compassionate and caring nature.
GCSE Grades A*-C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9-4.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Mi Casa Care are an innovative and forward thinking technology enabled care provider. They support individuals in their own homes to live independently. They offer an array of services from live in care to emergency response. All of the services they offer can be supported with assistive technology and in house monitoring. They have contracts with the local authorities and the NHS to support in getting people back to the comfort of their own homes safely and with their wellbeing as a priority. The team are dedicated and focused on achieving positive outcomes for the people they support
They are now in a position to support 5 apprentices who are dedicated, driven and committed to providing the high levels of care and support the service users expect, you will need to be a team player with a flexible and can do attitude.
The role will be based around assisting the care managers with the day to day administrative tasks as well as hands on care support.
You will be supported by a mentor at Mi Casa Care and also a specialist from West Notts College to complete a Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship.
MI CASA CARE LTD
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.