Level 2 Welding Apprenticeship FILTERMIST INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
You will gain knowledge of the Filtermist business as a whole and will have hands on practical involvement with manufacturing and assembly processes to be able to support the delivery of solutions, read and understand technical drawing and tech files. Supporting quality, data analysis and reporting.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2021
£175.50 - £195.00
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
22 Dec 2021
05 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Spend time within the Engineering and Manufacturing departments gaining knowledge of the Filtermist business as a whole. The main duties of this apprenticeship will be to:
- Hands on practical involvement with Fabrication manufacturing and assembly process to be able to support the delivery of solutions
- Read and understand technical drawing and tech files
- Supporting quality, data analysis and reporting to drive continuous improvement
- Work as part of the fabrication team to achieve effective process methods, lean manufacturing , manufacturing methods and process initiatives
- Work with the Engineering team with research and development activities as well as design process changes within the fabrication and manufacturing department
- Support proposals to maximise fabrication product efficiency
- Supporting as a team member in Fabrication manufacturing and engineering projects
- Support current product improvements
Requirements and prospects
- Works consistently to high standards at all times
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Previous knowledge of health and safety or engineering would be advantageous
- Good maths skills
- Passionate about engineering
- Good timekeeping
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and progress and commit to this apprenticeship training
- Someone who enjoys practical work
- Ability to use initiative
GCSE Minimum level 4 / C in English and maths - as a minimum.
On completion of the level 2 apprenticeship there will be the potential for progression through to level 3.
The Filtermist Group Manufacturing and Engineering operation continues to grow and develop. This is an opportunity to join a progressive organisation with exciting opportunities available in Fabrication, manufacturing and quality systems.
Things to consider
- Please ensure that you are able to travel to college in Shrewsbury 2 days a week (SY1 3LB)
About the employer
Filtermist’s ethos is to protect people by ensuring cleaner, safer, more productive workshops. The company, part of the Swedish Absolent Group, designs, manufactures and installs industrial air extraction and filtration solutions, including the provision of maintenance contracts and LEV services. Filtermist also distributes a range of process fluid filtration consumables and coolant control equipment throughout the UK.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Leighanne Omisore 07570952071
General welder (arc processes) level 2.
The training for this apprenticeship will be delivered over a period of 15 months, with the apprentice required to attend college 2 days a week at In-Comm Training Services Limited, Shrewsbury, SY1 3LB; to achieve knowledge, understanding and competence in the following subjects:
- General and Welding Specific Health and Safety
- Dimensional and Mechanical Properties of Materials
- Welding Procedures, Parameters and Symbols
- Testing and Inspection
- Welding Defects
- MIG, MAG and FCAW processes
- MMA Processes
- TIG-TAG and PAW Processes
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.