Level 2 Engineering Operative FILTERMIST INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
You will gain knowledge of the Filtermist business as a whole and will have hands on practical involvement with manufacturing and assembly processes to be able and assisting with technical drawings and tech files as well as quality support, data analysis and reporting. Assist with discussion of production methods for new and existing products.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2021
£175.50 - £195.00
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
24 Dec 2021
05 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Spend time within the Engineering and Manufacturing departments gaining knowledge of the Filtermist business as a whole. The main duties of this apprenticeship will be to:
- Assist with the consideration of methods of production with regard to work-flow, types of machinery, layout of plant cost and output levels
- Assist with discussion of production methods for new and existing product range
- Investigate availability and suitability of different types of machinery and process equipment and submit proposals to maximise production efficiency.
- Formulate proposals to achieve effective production process methods, Lean Manufacturing
- Evaluate manufacturing methods and process initiatives
- Supporting as a team member in engineering projects
- Support current product improvements
- Working within the Engineering team to design products
- Assist with technical drawings and tech files
- Tooling design and detailing using CAD software systems
- Assist with compilation of Q&M manuals
- Quality support, data analysis and reporting to drive continuous improvement
- Hands on practical involvement with manufacturing and assembly processes to be able to support the delivery solutions.
Requirements and prospects
- Works consistently to high standards at all times
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Previous knowledge of health and safety or engineering would be advantageous
- Good maths skills
- Passionate about engineering
- Good timekeeping
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and progress and commit to this apprenticeship training
- Someone who enjoys practical work
- Ability to use initiative
- GCSE Minimum level 4 / C in English and maths - as a minimum.
On completion of the level 2 apprenticeship there will be the potential for progression through to level 3
The Filtermist Group Manufacturing and Engineering operation continues to grow and develop. This is an opportunity to join a progressive organisation with exciting opportunities available in design product engineering, process manufacturing and quality systems.
Things to consider
- Please ensure that you are able to travel to college in Shrewsbury 1 day a week (SY1 3LB)
About the employer
Filtermist’s ethos is to protect people by ensuring cleaner, safer, more productive workshops. The company, part of the Swedish Absolent Group, designs, manufactures and installs industrial air extraction and filtration solutions, including the provision of maintenance contracts and LEV services. Filtermist also distributes a range of process fluid filtration consumables and coolant control equipment throughout the UK.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Leighanne Omisore 07570952071
This is a 15 month apprenticeship resulting in a Level 2 Engineering Operative qualification. Training will include attending college one day per week for the duration of the apprenticeship - this will be at In-Comm Training Services in Shrewsbury, SY1 3LB.
You will work to achieving:
- Level 2 NVQ in Engineering Operations
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.