Apprentice Butcher Clays Butchers
We are a high street butchers offering the opportunity to learn all aspects of butchery from making sausages and carcass breakdown.
Closing date: 03 Dec 2021
£161.70 to £311.85
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Dec 2021
04 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for a trainee butcher to work 5 days a week including Saturdays. You will be trained in all aspects of retail butchery following a specifically designed butchery apprenticeship.
Duties and tasks you will carry out are:
- Learning to make sausages and burgers
- Knife skills
- Learning to butcher poultry, pork, lamb, game and beef
- Counter service
- Food safety
- Cleaning and hygiene
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Basic knife skills
- Keen to learn
- Flexibility on daily tasks
- Flexibility on location as training may require travel to another site on occasion
- Interested in food and meat butchery
- Physically fit as the role involves standing most of the day and lifting and carrying
- Understanding of food hygiene although training is provided
- To be part of our expanding business team
Things to consider
Butchery is a skills shortage so if you are proficient and qualified you can earn a good living.
It is hard work, often involves weekend work and can be physically demanding. In the winter it is a cold environment to work in and there are early starts.
About the employer
At Smith & Clay, we use our two market town shops to champion both the British high street and our surrounding countryside.
We've always put local produce and ingredients at the heart of what we do, because we're passionate about promoting locally produced food to all of our customers, pubs, restaurants and schools.
It's one of the reasons we were voted the UK's National Butchers Chamption by the Countryside Alliance.
M.E.A.T Ipswich Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Meat East Anglia Trades (Ipswich) Ltd
Hannah (MEAT Ipswich) 01473270757 email@example.com
Level 2 Butchery Apprenticeship standard which includes:
- Knife Skills
- Customer Service
- Level 2 Awards in Food Safety and Health & Safety
- Functional skills if needed
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.