Apprentice CNC Machinist P. S. MARSDEN (PRECISION ENGINEERS) LIMITED
PS Marsden have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidates who are looking to pursue a career as an Engineer, with ongoing support you will become valuable part of our ever so expanding team. To be part of the apprenticeship programme and be trained as a CNC Machinist.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
04 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Position to include but not limited to:
- Set & Operate CNC Lathes, CNC Milling Machines, CNC Grinding Machines & Manual & Conventional Machines
- Program & Set multi-sensor CNC inspection equipment
- CNC program development using CAD/CAM systems
- In process inspections
- Offset adjustment
- Tip changing
- Tool setting
- Machine set-up
- CNC program editing for cutting and inspection equipment
- Inspection equipment programming
- CNC programming (basic)
- CAD/CAM programming
Applicants may be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Genuine interest in the sector
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- GCSE Grades A* to C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English
- 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
PSM is a company dedicated to supplying high quality precision engineering. To strengthen our reliable performance in the manufacture of precision components, we offer a unique complete flexible machining facility able to produce 1 off prototypes to multiples of 1,000’s. Quality Is the Culture” is at the heart of our organisation and we pride ourselves on the exceptional level of quality and precision that we deliver to our customers. It is that determined commitment to quality that has helped secure customer approvals and accreditation to international standards.
P. S. MARSDEN (PRECISION ENGINEERS) LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Engineering Technician Level 3 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
All apprentices will be required to achieve as a minimum:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking end point assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.