Level 2 Apprentice Butcher Croft Farm Butchers
Butchery is a highly skilled profession steeped in tradition and butchers will display understanding about a range of meat species and the various techniques needed to process and/or produce products.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
03 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Cutting Orders
- Serving Customers
- Taking Orders
- General Cleaning
Requirements and prospects
- Deliver customer service to a high standard
- Confident with customers
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Hard working
- Good communication skills
GCSEs in the A* - E or 9 – 3 range. Individual employers will set the selection criteria for the applicant. Employers who recruit candidates without English and maths at GCSE Grade D (or Functional Skills Level 1) or above must ensure that the candidate achieves this level before the Apprenticeship Standard can be awarded to the individual.
Potential to secure a full time positin as a qualified butcher on completion of your apprenticeship and continue to develop your skills and career.
Things to consider
Must have own transport.
About the employer
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard Butchery:
- Level 2 Standard Butchery - Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours • Level 2 Food Safety Award
- Level 2 FDQ Award in Knife Skills for Food Processing
- FDQ L2 Award in Health and Safety in the Food Supply Chain Business
- FDQ L2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (Meat and Poultry)
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required (exemptions apply)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.