Apprentice Engineering Technician - Mechatronics CONSOLIDATED DISTRIBUTION HOLDINGS, LTD.
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Maintenance Engineer (Mechatronics) based in Crawley. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 07 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
17 Jan 2022
04 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Fantastic opportunity to join CDH Group, a leading compressed air company, as a Compressed Air Service Apprentice. With a reputation for providing high quality technical expertise and a commitment to providing a first-class level of after sales service you'll be trained to the highest level.
Responsibilities will include:
Working within our Service Leads and their teams to learn and deliver technical support across the business, including proactive and reactive maintenance. You will work closely with engineers and leading compressed air manufacturers to understand the complete compressed air system and different applications.
During training, you will work alongside a team of highly skilled engineers to carry out preventive and corrective maintenance and to identify opportunities and implement solutions, to improve efficiency, equipment reliability, product quality, with consideration with regards to health and safety and the environment.
You will answer incoming phone calls and e-mails from colleagues and address their questions regarding ongoing work, as well as troubleshooting any technical problems they may have. Alongside this, you will support field engineers.
The long-term role responsibilities may include:
- Work alongside the Technical Support Manager to support field service engineers in fault finding and coordinate handovers
- Be the technical frontline for stakeholders, ensuring that our established and potentially new relationships are maintained and developed through your professional approach
- For more complex problems that require instruction, you will also contact customers via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals
- Work closely with manufacturer stakeholders
- Investigate and report on technical nonconformities
- To provide technical sales support
- Projects Technical Support
- Assist with CAD design and engineering drawings
- Interpret technical specifications for projects
- Brief in work to installation engineers
- To provide specific support for engineering projects
- Work safely, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
- Keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department, or company
- Attend lectures, practical’s, and visits as per training provider learning plan
Skills you’ll develop will include:
- Mechanical applications and solutions
- Electrical wiring, testing and installation
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Process Control Systems
- Compressed Air Treatment Maintenance
- Compressed Air Equipment Servicing
- Fault finding
Please note the apprentice will need to attend Training 2000 based in Lancashire, to complete the relevant skill units that have been agreed by Training 2000 and the employer, this will consist of the apprentice completing 6 blocks of skill specific Engineering training lasting 4 weeks each. As well as this they will also begin their Further Education course, BTEC Diploma and classroom based learning.
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisational skills
- Good time management skills
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Have a positive approach to work and a commitment to studying
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Enthusiastic and open to new challenges
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Questioning attitude
We are seeking applications from candidates who have 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths, English, and a science and two other subjects.
Upon successful completion of the four-year programme, an individual assessment will be carried out by CDH Group to determine whether a full-time position will be offered.
Things to consider
Please do not contact the company directly.
We reserve the right to close any vacancies from further applications when we have received a suitable number of applications from which to make a shortlist
Please ensure you apply ASAP if you wish to be considered for this role.
About the employer
With the focus on providing comprehensive design, installation, commissioning and maintenance packages for compressed air, dryers, filtration, heat recovery systems, pipework, vacuum blowers, air conditioning and refrigeration applications, ACE Group (Engineering) Ltd offers a nationwide service built around industry knowledge and market leading technologies. We install and service industrial air compressors and related products from leading brands including Gardner Denver, Sullair, Compair and HydroVane.
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training 2000 Ltd
Chris Cumpstey 01254 54659 email@example.com
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, Mechatronics pathway, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Level 3 Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.