Health & Social Care Apprenticeship Lulworth
Support worker vacancy providing care for people with complex and variable needs, including learning difficulties, mental health and autism.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
10 Dec 2021
04 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Residential services providing care for people with complex and variable needs including learning disabilities, mental health and autism. Duties include but not limited too;
- To support the promotion of the health and wellbeing of service users, encourage a healthy and active life to support all daytime activities including education occupation, therapies, other activities and social occasions
- To assist service users to keep in contact and develop their network of support with family, friends and involved professionals
- To assist in the overall cleaning of the home and support service users to do so where appropriate
- Including but not limited to do service users’ meals and clothes washing and drying
- Deliver personal care
- To follow the support/care and positive behavioural support-plans for the service users and contribute to setting goals and measuring outcomes and to follow risk assessments and contribute to the development of these
- To assist in the administrative tasks associated with service user records, including the compilation of appropriate keyworker folders, incident/accident reports and accurately maintain all records as requested by senior colleagues and set out in the Company’s policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- You will be passionate about providing excellent support
- You will be kind, compassionate, take responsibility for your own actions and be keen to acquire new knowledge
GCSE English and maths Grade C/4+ or equivalent.
Career progression to Senior Support Worker, Team Leader, Deputy Manager or Registered Service Manager.
Things to consider
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
About the employer
Residential services providing care for people with complex and variable needs including learning disabilities, mental health and autism.
Greater Brighton Metropolitan
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Greater Brighton Metropolitan
Aimee Weston 01903273735 email@example.com
Mandatory – 20% off the job training
Apprentices are allocated a Tutor, who visits the apprentice in the workplace every four weeks.
The apprenticeship is made up of the following:
- Standard (Level 2, 3, or 4) – this is where the apprentice demonstrates they have the knowledge, behaviours and skills to meet the criteria of the standard.
- Functional Skills – if required, are delivered at the college and are made up of English (Reading, Writing, and Speaking & Listening) and Maths.
Assessment of this qualification will be by an “Synoptic End Point Assessment” and will be graded “Pass” or “Distinction”.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.