Apprentice Support Worker - Driver Care Direct
As an Apprentice Support Worker, you will provide high quality support to individuals with dementia, mental illness, learning disabilities and or physical disabilities within their own home and the wider community. You must have a full UK driving license and access to your own vehicle.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
04 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful candidate will provide high quality support to individuals with dementia, mental illness, learning disabilities and or physical disabilities within their own home and the wider community.
They will also ensure that support is offered according to Legislation and Company ethos, on which you will receive training and guidance. Helping develop individuals to their full, encouraging and supporting opportunities for learning and development within the individual’s home and their local community.
They would also promote independence, ensuring that the individuals' dignity, privacy, confidentiality and human and civil rights are paramount. To protect individuals from abuse and or neglect according to Vulnerable Adults legislation.
Duties to include:
- Take time to get to know the service user, their preferences and wishes
- Work as part of the support team to meet the Service Users individual needs
- Support and enable Service Users to maintain a good standard of appearance
- Support and enable Service Users to maintain a good standard of cleanliness within their home
- Support and enable Service Users to regularly achieve domestic tasks and a healthy diet
- Support Service Users to create and work towards a life plan / person-centred plan
- Support and enable Service Users to develop and maintain friendships and social contacts
- Support and enable Service Users to regularly achieve a structured plan of developmental and leisure activities
- Introduce Service Users to valuable new experiences, new places and new people
- Assist Service Users in the research of local area opportunities and to action those they show interest in
- Support Service Users to manage risks and make informed choices
- Promote independence, self-confidence and self-image with Service Users
- Follow agreed Support Plans / person centred plans / life plans
- Complete company paperwork consistently
- Team working
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- FULL DRIVING LICENCE AND ACCESS TO OWN VEHICLE
- An understanding of individual needs
- To be able to be flexible over the course of a week and be able to cover other staff sickness and holidays as and when required
- You must have GCSEs in English and maths grades A-D (9-3) or an equivalent qualification such as Functional Skills
- Progression within the care sector is possible under successful completion of the apprenticeship and potential chance of full-time employment within the sector
Things to consider
Candidates must be a driver with their own vehicle due to the nature of the role (travelling will be required as part of your job).
Please note - should this position receive a large amount of applications the job advert will close early. We advise that you apply for this position early to avoid disappointment. As part of our apprenticeship recruitment process, you will be required to attend a Numeracy, Literacy and Interview Assessment at our Futureskills Campus on Dakota Avenue, Salford, M50 2PU. Should you be successful at this stage, we will then submit your application to the employer for further consideration.
This is an ongoing advert and start date may be earlier than advertised.
About the employer
Care Direct Salford is a local home-care agency that specialises in all aspects of care and support for many people with differing needs. We are Dementia Specialists where all of our staff are trained and have special experiences with supporting our customers through dementia. We literally provide all and any support from as little as 2 hours to 50 hours per week. We Support People across Salford at Home, living In Residential Care, currently In Hospital and whilst Carer's have Breaks.
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Sarah Allen 0161 631 5338 email@example.com
- Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Functional Skills Level 1 maths and English are completed with the Apprentice if a prior GCSE grade A-C or equivalent has not already been achieved
- You may be expected to attend Salford City College 1 day per week for Functional Skills classes if required
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.