Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Sawston Nursery
You will join a team to look after the children in the care of the nursery. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to undertake an Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Jan 2022
03 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Main responsibilities to include:
- Assist in maintaining and developing the safe, educational ‘Learning through Play’ environment
- Assist trained staff in planning and recording the activities offered to each child
- Be aware of Health and Safety issues
- Prepared to take on any relevant duties determined by the employer from time to time
- Attend whole staff meetings and assist with events outside Nursery as and when required
- Be prepared to train in Paediatric first aid, safeguarding children and basic food hygiene
- Qualities and Experience Required
- You will have a professional and mature approach to work
- You will need to be flexible in relation to your working hours
- Reliable and conscientious in your care of the children
- You will need to be an effective team member
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Willingness to be trained and developed
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Well presented
GCSE in English and maths at grade C or 4 or equivalents.
Training will be provided to the suitable candidate whilst working in the nursery.
Things to consider
- On site parking
- Uniform provided
- Easy access to well supplied village
- Good transport links, bus, and train
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team
About the employer
We are a 70 place, day Nursery in Sawston, Cambridge who provide quality day care for children aged between 3 months and 4 years. The nursery has a large team of Nursery Practitioners with different qualifications in childcare.
We have free parking for our staff and can offer a uniform and continuous support and development of skills to new employees.
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Camilla 07814 507777
- Apprenticeship in Early Years Practitioner delivered weekly at Cambridge Regional College
- Functional Skills maths (if GCSE or equivalent A-C (9-4) is not already achieved)
- Functional Skills English (if GCSE or equivalent A-C (9-4) is not already achieved)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.