Apprentice Nursery Assistant Toybox Day Nursery
Urgent vacancy. Apprentice Nursery Assistant required for Toybox Day Nursery in Yardley. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Early Years Educator Level 3 for 18 months.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
04 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Assisting key workers with specific groups of children
- Ensure that every 'child matters' is considered in each room
- Promote inclusion of children with special educational needs
- Promote equality of opportunities throughout the nursery
- As this nursery is a pack away setting, you will need to set up for hall and activities for the children
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to relate to and understand the needs of nursery aged children
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and have a flexible attitude
- Ability to create an enabling environment focused on children's needs
- Organisational, recording and planning skills
- Have a level 2 qualification in childcare with at least 6 months experience in a nursery
- Desire to learn
- Passion for working with children
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) or Functional Skills (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) grade 9 to 4 (A* to C) or Functional Skills Level 2
Possible opportunity to progress onto full-time employment.
Things to consider
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
About the employer
Toybox has 7 spacious rooms, across 2 floors, for the children in a newly renovated building, with a friendly home from home environment. The building has been redesigned to cater for children from the ages of 3 months to rising 5's in a bright and stimulating environment. The nursery has been designed to allow the children to be independent in their development whilst keeping safe.
There is an exceptionally large outdoor play area with a sensory garden for the children to explore, a climbing centre and plenty of space for playing games and on bikes in a safe and secure garden. We have developed a forest garden area where children are encouraged to take risks and are challenged in a safe environment.
The nursery has 24 hour CCTV, with cameras in all play rooms and secure locking to ensure that throughout the day the children are kept safe.
Each room is purposefully designed to stimulate and encourage children to develop to their full potential through exploration of their environment, learning through play and positive role models, providing interaction with guidance.
The nursery provides onsite parking for parents for the children to be taken to and collected, without congestion or traffic flow problems. We are currently building on links within our community, the local schools and swimming centre, so watch this space.
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Joanita Manka 0121 333 3001 email@example.com
- Early Years Educator level 3 qualification
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular assessor visits, observations and reviews
- Witness testimonies from employer
- Technical certificate (industry knowledge)
- Functional skills if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.