Office Logistics Administrator Apprentice Paragon International Freight Services Ltd
We're looking for an apprentice to join the office team at Paragon International to look after the administration within the shipping and logistics department.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
03 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Paragon International Freight Services are a specialist in international freight forwardering, which is the process of arranging the movement of cargo on an international basis. They arrange the shipment of a wide range of goods by both sea and air.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Document production and filing
- Answering incoming calls from customers, suppliers and freight organisations
- Logging information into our in house software/databases
- Preparing and sending post
- General office duties
After training, the successful candidate will also look after:
- Obtain costs and quote clients for their shipping needs
- Prepare instructions to subcontractors to move cargo
- Follow up shipments to ensure that they are both collected and delivered as planned and expected
- Speak with potential clients with a view to being entrusted with future shipments for their companies
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working and dedicated
- Able to tackle complex problems
- Great communications skills
- Able to use computer database software
- Confident speaking over the phone
- A desire to learn and develop new skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work independently
- There are no qualifications required to apply for this post, however passing GCSE grades in English and maths would be desirable
For the right candidate, a full time role would be available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship course.
Things to consider
How would you commute to this workplace?
About the employer
Paragon International Freight Services are an independent and privately owned international transport company boasting over one hundred years experience in the business aiming to offer a personal and reliable service to companies involved in all aspects of international trade.
Through their many contacts across the Continent and Scandinavia they are able to provide a cost effective and efficient solution to your freight requirements and believe that, because of their diverse strengths of their personnel, they can offer both a service and rates that are normally not available from their larger competitors.
HYA TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HYA Training Ltd
Richard Chrystal 01482 211778 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 Maths and English (where required or not previously achieved)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.