Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant Strachan's Chemist
A Pharmacy Services Assistant apprentice under the guidance of a responsible pharmacist carries out the day to day operations of a pharmacy business. The assembly of medicines. Ensuring meets legal requirements. The labelling and to a point the medicine(s) are ready for its final check.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Dec 2021
03 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The position will also include ongoing training on the counter which will be assessed independently and result in a mandatory qualification for the chemist counter. The Dispensary will be the apprentice residence managed by the pharmacist and supervisor with learnings from the entire team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Checking invoices against goods in
- Assembly of medicines labelling and reordering of stock for owing’s etc.
- Placing generic orders onto the shelves
- Answering the inbound telephone calls
- Assisting the counter when busy
- Walking to local surgeries with queries and prescription requests
- Preparing the orders for transmission
- Speaking with medical reps and sundries providers
- Giving advice to patients / customers and handing out and the receiving of medicines
- Understand the filing process and claims process for NHS / Private prescriptions
- Updating and saving patient information on computer
- Makin records to record messages and document communications is a must
Requirements and prospects
- Good listening skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal is a must
- Helpful, considerate, enthusiastic and a positive attitude to caring for the needs of others
- If you like working with people, helping them, and supporting their needs then pharmacy could be a good match for a potential candidate
- Helpful friendly and caring disposition
- Helpful to have basic knowledge of computers and IT
- The ability to problem solve and use your own initiative will help progression
- Working as a team is critical as dispensaries are generally confined areas
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Strachan’s will be delighted following successful training to offer the right candidate a permanent position within the company.
Further training opportunities and progression would also be considered in a positive manner.
Things to consider
It is highly important that you do not contact the employer directly - any attempt of this may invalidate the candidate’s application. Should you have any queries regarding your application or the job itself, please contact your local Woodspeen Training Academy.
Please note this job may expire before the stated date if a suitable applicant is appointed.
Please consider how you would travel to this vacancy. If you will be using public transport, please check this before applying.
About the employer
Strachan’s chemist is a family run independent pharmacy chain. Established in 2007 we have branches across the Northwest.
We pride ourselves on a committed personal service reflected by the fact the group have won several prestigious awards including the pride of Oldham and Bury Rate Our Services.
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Woodspeen Training
Amy Crawley 01484 429359 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Own in-house training
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.