Hair Apprentice LJ LUXURY LIMITED
Rare opportunity to work in a brand new beauty salon, if you are outgoing and want to be trained by industry experts with a passion for the hair and beauty sector, this opportunity is for you.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
03 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your duties will include:
- Customer service and client relationships – engaging with all clients, asking questions and offering drinks.
- Taking bookings for the salon and adding the correct information into stylist’s diaries.
- Payments and re-bookings – taking payments by card and also cash
- Product selling/advice, learning about the products you are using and consulting you clients about them
- Being proactive and engaging – promotion of salon and treatments on social media when requested to by your mentor.
- Clean and tidy the salon to maintain the professional look of the salon
- Prepare stylists areas – making sure you and your colleagues are ready for the first clients and the last clients of the day.
- Working towards your styles to complete your L2 Hair professional apprenticeship
- Attending day release at Revive Salon West Nottinghamshire College
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Listening skills and able to follow instruction
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Genuine interest within the hair sector and becoming a stylist
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- GCSE Grades A to C / 4-9 in English and maths
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted.
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance.
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer.
- The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave.
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post.
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
- You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability.
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled.
About the employer
Brand new luxury salon based in a prime location on the Ashfield’s estate. Salon Owner Laura-Jean has been in the beauty industry 9 year and has extensive expertise within the sector and is able to bring something special to the area with this revamped stylish salon opening in September.
LJ LUXURY LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hair Professional Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.