ATA - HR (Human Resource) Apprentice TRONOX HOLDINGS PLC
The successful apprentice will receive practical & theoretical training in HR admin practices, which will develop their skills base for an HR career. Applicants should be confident & enthusiastic to learn all aspects of the HR role; experience in an office or business/admin studies desirable.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
03 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The business is looking for an Apprentice to train alongside our existing experienced HR team. As an apprentice, you will study a range of programmes working towards a Level 3 Human Resources Apprenticeship standard, covering a variety of duties whilst earning a wage and completing invaluable practical skills in industry.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the HR team in delivering a comprehensive HR service to the site, by supporting them in the delivery of recruitment, on-boarding, absence management, performance management and discipline and grievance. Developing knowledge to be able to provide advice, support and offer solutions in relation to these and other people related topics
- Support the Senior Payroll Advisor in all aspects of the monthly payroll process, including data entry of non-standard payments (temporary shifts, shift swaps, etc.), becoming a ‘back-up’ for the monthly processing of the payroll. Developing sound knowledge of time management rules including site pay rules and overtime policies
- Using the site HRIS system (success factors) to maintain accurate employee data, utilising the One-HR helpdesk to action change requests
- Produce regular reports for Managers to support them in the management of their people; e.g absence and overtime data. Developing an understanding of this data, resulting in being able to engage with managers to help them effectively use this information
- Support recruitment activity for the site, by liaising with agencies and candidates, setting up interviews, corresponding with candidates, developing offers and ensuring candidates’ experience of Tronox, pre-hire is positive and engaging
- Working with the HR and L&D team to coordinate the on-boarding of new hires, liaising with the new starter to ensure they have everything they need to ensure a positive and professional experience of joining Tronox. Working with the line manager (and supporting colleagues) to ensure an effective and engaging induction program is in place prior to the new hiring joining the company
- Developing an understanding of a wide range of HR related topics by providing general administrative support to the team – producing letters, processing invoices, updating organisation charts
Requirements and prospects
- Willing to learn new skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good time keeping skills
- Good communication skills both written & oral
- Must meet initial assessments conducted by the training provider
- Understanding and awareness of the importance of Health and Safety measures for both self and colleagues
- You must be able to carry out work in accordance with the employer’s health and safety guidelines and be confident working in a chemical manufacturing environment
- You will be able to demonstrate the Tronox company values in the work that you do, working collaboratively with colleagues, building relationships and developing an understanding of the overall culture of the site
- You will have the ability to learn and understand employment law and other relevant people related legislation and develop the skills to be able to apply this knowledge within the day to day application of your role
- You should be flexible and adaptable and be able to work well with others, whilst also be able to accept responsibility and work independently, with minimal supervision
- You will be conscientious, with a good attention to detail and the ability to provide high quality, accurate work, even when under pressure
- You must be self-driven and have an enthusiastic approach to work, a desire to succeed and a willingness to listen and learn
- You will have a good timekeeping and attendance record
- You must be able to work with highly confidential information, in a professional manner at all times
- You will have at least 2 GCSE's at Grades 9-4 (A*-C) / equivalent - preferably, one in either maths / English – this role requires attention to detail, and accuracy in reporting / communication
- This is a 24-month apprenticeship with the potential for further progression through the HR academic learning, employment opportunities. The successful apprentice may be eligible to apply for Associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or any other professional body that recognises this apprenticeship within its membership criteria (membership is subject to the professional bodies own membership requirements)
Things to consider
- Apprentice Employment Agency is acting as an Apprentice Training Agency (ATA) and will engage you for the duration of the Apprenticeship and pay your salary. You should be aware that the company/business named in this vacancy is a host employer and you will not be employed by them. Your placement may change during the course of your Apprenticeship
- Once you have submitted your application, you will be contacted to discuss your application and arrange a telephone interview if you meet our initial shortlisting criteria
- Please ensure you check your phone/emails (including Spam / Junk) regularly in order for this to take place
- Failure to contact us back if correspondence is missed will result in your application being deemed unsuccessful
- Please ensure you check your application for spelling / grammar errors, correct them prior to submitting as attention to detail is very important, and may affect the outcome of your application
- Your application may be shared with training providers and employers as follows: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/privacy
- Please note you may be asked to complete suitability assessments as part of the recruitment process
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Tronox is the largest vertically integrated titanium dioxide producer in the world, the largest producer of merchant titanium chemicals, and the leading manufacturer of specialty titanium products.
Tronox provides numerous products and services for a variety of industries around the world. From coatings to paper and polymers to pigments, our products and services are used to improve everyday life.
Thousands of products in our world, from plastic bags to aerospace parts, get their start with help from Tronox. Tronox employ nearly 7,000 across six continents, and have a rich diversity, unmatched vertical integration model, and unparalleled operational and technical expertise across the value chain, position Tronox as the preeminent titanium dioxide producer in the world.
We’re committed to our people, our customers, and our communities. With a broad global reach and deep local roots, Tronox embrace and celebrate the unique character and culture of every place they call home. From the west coast of Australia to the east coast of the U.S., from Europe to South Africa, and from mines to research and development labs, they bring the same passion to work in every location, everywhere, every day.
NICHOLAS ASSOCIATES GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nicholas Associates
Georgia Marlow 07540 716312 email@example.com
HR Support Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Knowledge skills and behaviors
- Functional skills if in English and maths if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.