Business Administration Apprentice - Engineering Company Quartzelec Ltd
We have a great Business Administration apprenticeship opportunity available at Quartzelec based in Salford, with fantastic transport links. The successful candidate will be working towards NVQ Level 3 in Business and Administration with the opportunity to progress upon completion. If you are open to learning more, apply now!
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
02 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
To provide administrative support to the Test and Inspection Department, and administration staff and follow company processes and procedures. To provide excellent customer service to customers by providing accurate and timely information. To assist employees and managers of the business as required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Answering the telephones, directing calls, and dealing with queries
- Raise, record and receipt of purchase orders
- Copy typing of engineer’s test and inspection reports
- General admin duties
- Update various client portals and upload relevant documentation
- Data entry and working on spreadsheets
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word and Excel
- Flexibility with willingness and ability to adapt to all situations
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to work within a close team environment
- Attention to detail
GCSEs at grades A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) in maths, English, and IT.
If you do not meet these grades but have relevant experience, please still apply.
There is a genuine opportunity for progression within the administration team.
Things to consider
Please note - should this position receive a large amount of applications the job advert will close early. We advise that you apply for this position early to avoid disappointment.
- There is a genuine opportunity for progression within the administration team
- Central location easily accessible via public transport and car
- We offer 25 days holiday per year plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays
- Salary dependent upon experience
About the employer
An unrivalled service partner in both UK and Global markets, we are an independent organisation, employing 650 people with a turnover in excess of £68million. 2017 sees Quartzelec celebrate 10 years of OEM independence as well as a 100-year heritage, continuing to build our reputation as a high quality, cost effective provider of engineering services.
We offer a formidable range of competencies and expertise developed over our 100 years legacy which means today we are well known as a technical authority in the field of rotating electrical machines, supporting the OEM and owner/operator for new equipment as well as the maintenance, repair, and operators’ market. We have also successfully positioned ourselves as leading Electrical Contractors in both LV and HV, demonstrating significant proficiency within the M and E arena where Quartzelec continues to prosper. An exceptional level of local support and the necessary accreditations/certifications in place allows us to support industrial, infrastructure and commercial clients alike.
The Quartzelec organisation supports initial design through to successful installation and commissioning with ongoing maintenance to ensure continued efficiency and safety of your processes, coupled with a complementary portfolio of specialist services available through specific Quartzelec companies, such as condition monitoring (Quartzteq) and coil manufacture (Quartzcoil) our customers can therefore take advantage of our end-to-end delivery or individual services, providing optimum return on investment.
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Sarah Allen 0161 6315555 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Level 3 Qualification in Business Administration
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- On the job work experience and ongoing support
The majority of your training will be in the workplace, where you will be visited by an assessor every 4-6 weeks.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.