Front of House Apprentice The Halfway House
Within this role at The Halfway House you will be working towards a level 2 hospitality qualification. You will assist in the general day to day running of the restaurant, assisting and serving customers.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2021
03 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties include but are not subjected to;
- Assisting and serving customers as directed
- Taking orders
- Dealing with customer enquiries, comments and complaints
- Handling payments and transactions
- Assisting with cleaning schedules to an agreed standard
- Promote a friendly working environment
- Complying with legal requirements and health and safety
During your apprenticeship you will cover topics such as;
- Customers profiles and expectations
- Business vision and values
- Personal discipline in approach to work
- The use of technology
- Legislative responsibilities
- Team work and methods of communication
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
Good work ethic, friendly, the ability to work well in a team.
No GCSE's or equivalents required. Must have the ability to achieve Maths/English L2 functional skills as indicated in the BKSB assessment.
Progression to Level 3.
Things to consider
The salary will increase with experience.
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
For more information on the NMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
With over 30 years experience of running restaurants and bars. I started my career as a chef, working my way through to Operations director, working with brands such as Blackhouse Grill, Livingroom, Mosquito, Deep Pan Pizza, Via Vita, Chiquito plus others. I now feel that the time is right for me to start my own adventure with my family. This has created The Artarn Group Ltd and with our first location being Halfway House in Chorley. Now we have been in Chorley for the past 2 years we are currently looking for our second site.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory Gregory.email@example.com
You will be working towards the following qualification/standard:
Hospitality Team Member – Level 2:
- Main learning objectives: Customer profiles and expectations, teamwork and methods of communication, business vision and values, personal discipline in approach to work, legislative responsibilities, the use of technology
- Functional Skills – if required
- EPA (End Point Assessment) – Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes an ‘On demand test’, practical observation, a business project, a professional discussion
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.