Apprentice Administrator, Customer Service and Sales Assistant SKYE FACILITIES LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Skye Facilities Limited undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
03 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will include various administration, customer service and sales duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- To contact prospects to introduce Skye Facilities Ltd and discuss the services Skye Facilities can provide, after training
- Maintains a list of potential leads and follows up with those customers by making subsequent sales pitches
- To arrange a suitable marketing outcome e.g. sales appointment, quotes
- To arrange for information to be sent to interested prospects
- To gather information on current and future requirements
- To ascertain correct contacts and gather opt-in email addresses
- To update contact/ business information and alter database accordingly
- Keeping track of customers that have been contacted and those who do not want to be contacted in the future
- Following up on previous customers for potential sales
- Daily and efficient office management, including coordinating diaries/meetings/site visits for the Managing Director
- Attending to emails and messages from clients and colleagues, and telephone liaison; answering and making calls on behalf of the company.
- Booking of meetings
- Discreet handling of sensitive and confidential information
- Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram
- Researches and monitors activity of company competitors
- You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as we may reasonably require
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons.
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner
- Must have a good level of literacy skills
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability to be organised and to meet targets set to complete the required work-based evidence, assignments and logging of all work completed towards completion of your apprenticeship programme - your employer will also support you with these requirements
- Confident in using email and the internet
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
- Grade C/4 or above or Functional/Key Skills Level 2 in maths and English is required
- An IT qualification would be an advantage
- There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification
- There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications
Things to consider
- There are good transport links by bus
- Please check cost and time it will take to travel
- Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile Number: 07788390025
- Apprenticeship Team: email@example.com
No Contact should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may be negotiable.
This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set.
About the employer
Who We Are
With years of experience in the facilities management industry, Skye Facilities Ltd is a company based in the North of England and covering the whole of Yorkshire and North West, North East, Midlands and North Wales.
The company was formed in 2012 as a business enterprise by one of the best facilities management specialists who worked in various roles, learning the trade before starting up on his own.
We deliver a full range of facilities management services to a wide variety of different businesses
SKYE FACILITIES LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788390025 firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude:
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then Level 2 in maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A* - C / 9-4 GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given one day per week as time off to study as part of your contract of employment; you will attend classes via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.