Nursery Assistant Apprentice STRAWBERRY FIELDS NURSERY LIMITED
Strawberry Field Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Dec 2021
02 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parents evenings, publicity , open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
GCSEs grade C or above preferable (or equivalent qualifications).
Possible permanent position for the right candidate.
Things to consider
A DBS check will be required.
About the employer
Strawberry Fields Day Nursery (Leyton) is a small and inclusive setting which offers high quality, flexible childcare for children aged 3 months to 5 years. Our aim is to create a safe, happy and relaxed atmosphere for all the children.
We have 2 sections of the nursery. The middle floor is for children aged 2 years and above. The lower floor caters for babies between 3months old to 2 years old. Both floors give all children the freedom to explore the variety of planned activities on offer, helping them to develop their everyday skills. Our staff team strive to achieve the very best for the children at all times and aim to give them the best head start in life.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 07495 553353 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childcare Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (if required)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.