Apprentice Underwriter COVEA INSURANCE PLC
Covéa Insurance are on the hunt for two budding apprentices to join our Underwriting Services and Motor Trade Team. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
31 Oct 2021
02 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
If you’re interested in starting your career in an Insurance Company, this is the perfect opportunity for you! You’ll be at the forefront of our business, responsible for delivering our world class customer service by supporting our customers in their time of need.
You don’t need to come for an insurance background. We have a fantastic Learning & Development team who will teach you everything you need to know and a leadership team who will support and empower you to continue to learn and grow throughout your career. We just want people who share our passion for caring for our customers and making a real difference.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Contribute to the development of a strong customer relationship by understanding individual customer’s circumstances
- Resolve enquiries appropriately and within underwriting and processing authorities
- Undertake any tasks that may be requested from time to time to ensure that smooth running of the Business Team
- Process any work that comes in via multiple channels other related tasks according to Company guidelines and instructions
- Dealing with our intermediary network to ensure the efficient and accurate underwriting of our products
- Developing you skills in more than one product
- Maintain an acceptable level of accuracy and productivity to contribute to meeting the departments and teams service standards
- Develop an understanding of the Company’s products and services
Requirements and prospects
- Highly motivated and driven with the desire to learn and develop
- Able to build strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet targets and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literate and able to work on multiple computer systems, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Respect for customer and business confidentiality
- First class interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both verbally and written
- Able to listen and show empathy to customers during what can be a difficult time, and use initiative to provide solutions
- 5 GCSE's A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent
- Permanent position for right candidates
Things to consider
What’s on offer?
- Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship through Calderdale College – Virtual delivery and support throughout the 18 month programme
- 36.25 working hours per week with flexitime
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Lots of fun activities, initiatives and celebrations such as; awards nights, Christmas parties, team lunches, quiz nights
- A supportive leadership team and one to one time with your manager each month to discuss your personal development, what you’ve achieved and any support you might be needing
- A Wellbeing Team who provide little pick me ups such as sweetie drops, monthly fruit baskets and ice cream vans
- Lots of support for your mental wellbeing through Covea Minds, who provide Mental Health First Aiders and an Employee Assistance Programme where employees can access additional support such as counselling
- One volunteering day a year to support a charity close to your heart
- Excellent staff pension scheme
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailers
About the employer
Within the UK Covéa Insurance offering commercial, motor, high net worth, property and protection insurance.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Madeline Oxby 07974 587 441 Madeline.Oxby@calderdale.ac.uk
- Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard through Calderdale College – Virtual delivery and support throughout the 18 month programme.
- Please note, due to Covid-19, we currently plan to deliver the training virtually so successful candidates will need to be comfortable learning remotely. You may also be required to work remotely once training is completed, but will need to be in commutable distance to the office
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.