Information Communication Technician Apprentice Cloud Nexus
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for a Level 3 Information Communications Technician at Cloud Nexus based within Leeds.
Closing date: 22 Nov 2021
£10,000.00 - £14,000.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Nov 2021
02 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will be working within a team providing IT consultancy and some elements of IT support, but this is not an IT Support / helpdesk role. Our team are highly trained and experienced IT consultants who specialise in Microsoft 365 and Azure consultancy projects for mid-size and large organisations including the likes of Government agencies and the NHS.
Initially you will be assisting in Office 365 assessments, migrations and remediation work alongside the primary consultants. You will quickly progress to undertake projects activities individually but still with the full support and supervision of the team.
You will be working on platforms such as traditional Microsoft server based systems, Windows Desktop devices as well as cloud solutions such as Office 365 and Azure.
You will be joining a very agile company in a role which will be well mentored and will provide a variety of opportunities for you to learn. You must be flexible and be able to assist in a number of areas this will include support and project work.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of but are not limited to:
Reporting to the lead consultant/founder your duties will include:
- Install, support and service business customers
- Handle telephone calls and emails from clients and create support incidents as needed
- Carry out regular checks and security audits
- Undertake migrations of Email and File data to Office 365
- Provide remote support to clients
- Occasionally provide onsite support to clients
- Identify areas for improvement within support to improve service delivery to clients
- Strive to improve communication both internally and with clients
- Additional duties as deemed appropriate to the role and business needs
Part of this role includes the requirement to maintain excellent relations with the customer and your team, guiding and aiding effective project delivery.
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of Microsoft Workstations and office packages, i.e. Office 365/2016, Windows, 8/10
- Organisational skills to follow procedures and complete tasks within given time frames using incident management tools
- Ability to communicate technical information to the user estate with a genuine desire to assist the customer
- Be motivated to achieve outstanding levels of customer service in a team environment
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Creative thinker
- Keen interest for digital marketing and technology
- Personable and friendly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of Operating Systems in the business environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems
- Knowledge of Apple iOS (iPad) and OSX (Mac) operating systems
- Knowledge of cloud services i.e. Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of computer hardware
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths).
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Things to consider
As well as the learning and work experience on offer, the company operates a flexible working policy with core hours of 10:00 till 16:00 and provides a generous annual leave entitlement (with an extra day off on your birthday).
About the employer
Cloud Nexus is a Managed IT Services Company who Specialise in Microsoft 365 and Azure Cloud technologies. Founded in 2019, we’re a startup technology company who help our clients embrace digital ways of working using Microsoft Technologies. Thanks to Cloud Nexus, our clients have been able to thrive during the COVID-19 pandemic, able to securely work from anywhere whilst staying in touch with their colleagues and customers over video conferencing tools like Teams. We help our clients take old rubbish technology out of the business and replace it with tools that actually help them keep their business running, whilst protecting them from cyberattacks.
Put simply, our mission is to ensure businesses have proper IT and not technology which just gets in the way!
We don’t do grey. No suits and ties, no stuffy attitudes. We’re a small (but growing!), passionate business who always put the customer first. That means we’re honest in our advice and we don’t make promises we can’t keep.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Lauren Fletcher 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.