Level 2 Production Chef Chowpatty Ltd
The Kitchen Assistant will support the Chef with the preparation of food and ensure hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen. Experience in Indian cuisine desirable.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2021
02 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Kitchen Assistant will support the Chef with the preparation of food and ensure hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen. Experience in Indian cuisine desirable. Students do not apply.
- Working in a cloud kitchen environment
- Understanding dynamics of the growing and upcoming Online ordering business
- Understand production planning
- Understand industry best practices
- Opportunity to demonstrate skills in improving processes
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To accept the orders Online through different channel partners and assist in smoother delivery of food to customers
- Maintain a high standard of presentation in the dining and kitchen areas by setting and clearing of tables, restocking fridges and store cupboards
- To do cutting, chopping, cooking and cleaning works in the kitchen
- Needs to be highly flexible and have the right work attitude
- Should be okay to work late shifts and ensure that the kitchen door is securely closed at the end of the day
- To assist in ensuring a high level of health and safety, cleanliness, food hygiene and safe working practices are followed to meet environmental food safety standards
- Assist in stock taking, stock rotation and storage of stock, including checking and receiving deliveries
- To ensure all machines and equipment are in good working order
- To ensure the Kitchen environment is kept clean, tidy and free from hazards
Any person working in the commercial kitchen needs to have a Level 2 Health and Hygiene Certification. We will sponsor the exam for the right candidate but in return we would need a commitment of at least 6 months of working with the company. Further details to be discussed in the interview.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions
- High standards of hygiene
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- GCSE or equivalent passes in maths and English
- Preferred qualifications: Hygiene Level 2
About the employer
We are niche Indian Food restaurant. Our cuisine is inspired by Mumbai Street Food. It is very different to what is understood as ‘Indian Food’ or ‘Indian Curries’ in the UK. Food items such as Vada Paav, Sev Puri, Paav Bhaji, etc. are rarely in any of the UK restaurants. The method of preparation is unique and such expertise is very hard to find or cultivate locally. We have raised and are raising further SEIS qualifying investments. We want to expand across UK over the next 2-3 years. The taste and quality that we are offering to our customers needs to remain consistent.
BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Hima Bindu Challa +447494154392 Himabindu.firstname.lastname@example.org
Training to be provided
- Production Chef NVQ Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.