Childcare Apprentice Babushka Tlc Ltd
Babushka TLC have a career opportunity to work with them and gain a Level 3 Early Years qualification and apprenticeship. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to take on the first steps to a varied and rewarding role. We are qualified teachers who can support you, no experience necessary, but plenty of passion, dedication and enthusiasm.
Closing date: 08 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
02 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
There will be a requirement to attend training 1 day a week on a rolling two-week timetable in Taunton or Dillington House in Ilminster.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development
- Assist with the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Play a part in their education, health and wellbeing and be able to build and maintain close working relationships with parents and colleagues
- Inspire, plan and create learning activities for children under the EYFS curriculum including outdoor activities
- To observe and keep an up to date record of achievement file on key children, for parents/carers including learning logs and personal profiles
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- Support all staff and actively engage as a positive member of the team
Requirements and prospects
- An understanding of child development
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children, staff and parents
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Calm and caring nature
- Reliable, enthusiastic and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
- Empathy and understanding of children under five
- The desire and capability to be an outstanding nursery assistant
- To have 5 GCSEs A-C or 8-4 to include maths and English or suitable alternatives or equivalents
Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Early Years Foundation Degree and may lead to employment.
Things to consider
Apprenticeship offers are subject to two references.
Transport to and from venues.
You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check performed by the employer.
About the employer
Babushka is a high quality, home-based childcare service for 1-5 year olds. We aren’t a nursery, we don’t just mind children, we deliver Teacher Led Childcare (TLC).
We aim for a warm, friendly and relaxed ‘home from home’ feel with education and care at the heart of everything we do.
We have developed a fantastic indoor and outdoor learning environment which endeavours to extend children’s thinking, to stimulate their imaginations and encourage them to ‘learn how to learn’.
We are qualified teachers and professionals who specialise in Early Years Education, so you will be supported throughout your apprenticeship.
Babushka Tlc Ltd
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Somerset Centre For Integrated Learning
SCIL 03001231967 firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Apprenticeship in Early Years to include:
- Level 3 Diploma for Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills English and maths if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.