Technology Apprentice Havas Helia
Contribute to the system development and customer experience execution efforts of the Technology Team. Acquire the skills to start your career in system development.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
02 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As a member of the helia technology team, you will get involved in all aspects of CX systems solutions delivery for our clients. The team specialise in developing and operating Data Management and Customer Experience solutions across a variety of B2B and B2C clients.
We work with marketing technology ‘big hitters’ such as Sales Force Marketing Cloud, Braze and Oracle cloud as well as industry standard technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server, C#, JSON, PHP, HTML and React.js to enable optimal CX and data solutions.
Over the term of your apprenticeship, we will challenge and support you in delivering a number of increasingly complex activities that will develop your skills at the required pace to achieve your learning objectives. You will also gain satisfaction in the knowledge that you are making a positive contribution to the service we deliver to our clients.
Projects will include:
- Setting up and executing email campaigns on enterprise marketing technology platforms.
- Writing SQL code to produce data extracts and data management functionality.
- Writing SQL Stored Procedures which will form part of our Microsoft SQL Server data management solution.
- Develop campaign web sites using React.JS and PHP.
- Develop web services to integrate web and app functionality with the back-end databases
- Test developed functionality to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Following our quality assurance and information security policies and procedures.
What you will need to be successful
- Be organised. Enjoy working with colleagues on projects whilst developing your skills to meet the requirements of the apprenticeship
- Be inquisitive. Ask questions. Your whole career in technology will be a learning experience. Start the good habits with us. First things first. To get through your apprenticeship, you’ll need to keep up with your training programme and show the required progress.
- Take responsibility for the tasks you have committed to complete and ensure they are delivered to the satisfaction of the team. Make yourself proud of what you have achieved.
- Communicate. Get involved with the team. Listen, but don’t be afraid to contribute to discussions.
What you will bring to the team
- Enthusiasm and energy to work with the wider Havas helia team. Say ‘Yes’ to opportunities.
- An aptitude to learn and share what you know with your team-mates. It won’t be long before you have unique knowledge on a subject that we all need to know.
- A positive attitude & resilience. This is the ‘real world’ and not everything will go as we’d all wish. Be positive, share problems and persevere.
- Technical skills. The ability to apply your newly acquired skills to deliver system solutions to enable robust CX delivery.
Requirements and prospects
- Take responsibility for your own development
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Inquisitive – be interested in technology and how it might be useful in enabling customer experiences
- Ability to assimilate information quickly
- Any computer programming experience
- SQL knowledge
- Microsoft Word and Excel functional skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have the aptitude to learn quickly and apply skills to practical problems
- Ability to use own initiative
- A passion for technology
- GCSE English & Maths, grade 9-4/A-C (or equivalent qualifications)
- 2 A-Level qualifications (or equivalent)
There is no pre-defined career path at Havas helia but being part of a large organisation, there are opportunities to develop yourself in a number of directions. In the Technology Team we have Solution Designers, Project Managers, Back End Developers, Front End Developers, Testers, CX Product Specialists. The flexibility exists to work across disciplines or take a deeper dive in a particular specialism.
Things to consider
We are all working remotely at the moment but as the road map opens up, we will roll out a really fantastic flexible working platform, where you get to have a great balance of home and office working, and this will continue even after restrictions are lifted. It’s going to be in a trial phase but essentially it will work on 2 fixed days in the office (Tuesdays and Wednesday with a third day in the office but this is flexible on a day of your choosing). Also on the fixed days you can have a shorter day (10am to 4pm) if this is something that supports your work life balance as long as you do your 37.5 hours across the week. We plan to roll this out around September/October time depending on how the case rate are.
Cirencester College reserves the right to close this vacancy before the stated deadline once sufficient applications have been received.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Here at Havas CX helia Cirencester, we’re on a mission to become the best (and most talked-about) customer engagement agency in the UK. And you can be a big part of making this happen.
Helping brands strengthen their consumer relationships is what we’re all about – flexing and blending our creative and technology skills to make each and every interaction truly meaningful.
But it’s not just brands we empower. Working for helia means you’re working for a company that loves to empower its people, too.
We equip you with all the ‘think-big’, ‘can-do’ skills and attitude you need
to make the most of your natural talents – and enjoy a long, strong career in our industry.
Both professionally and personally, we help you make a difference.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cirencester College
Cirencester College 01285626259 email@example.com
Each apprentice will be allocated a Coach to support ongoing learning and preparation for EPA. In addition Progress Reviews will take place regularly to ensure the apprentice is on track.
Apprentices must achieve each of the Ofqual-regulated Knowledge Modules:
- Knowledge Module 1: Software Development Context and Methodologies
- Knowledge Module 2: Programming
End Point Assessment
The four EPA assessment methods are:
- Summative portfolio
- Synoptic project
- Employer reference
Link to Professional Registration
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians upon confirming an appropriate SFIA Level 3 professional competence, and those completing the apprenticeship would then be eligible to apply for registration.
Software development technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.