Apprentice Administrative Assistant RALLI SOLICITORS LLP
Commercial law firm Ralli Solicitors are looking to hire a Business Administration Apprentice, to be based in their Manchester City Centre office! This is a general role which affords the apprentice the opportunity to sample various aspects of a support role.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
02 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Support to fee-earners and secretarial team, including collation, copying and/or scanning of documents and creation of document bundles for counsel and court hearings (including e-bundles)
- Client file maintenance, including accurate filing of correspondence and other documents on individual files
- File opening (on case management system and paper files)
- File opening checks, including ensuring engagement letter issued and on file, ID documents requested, and checks carried out
- File closure and archiving, including ensuring completion of archiving forms by fee-earners and heads of departments
- Management and distribution of incoming post, including making diary entries on electronic and hard copy files
- Management of outgoing post (including accurate franking of mail) and taking responsibility for the post and DX run
- Maintaining the Firm’s training register – booking training seminars/webinars on behalf of solicitors, reminding the solicitors to attend the training sessions, and maintaining training attendance records and filing any certificates issued
- Office stationery – maintaining an inventory of stock of office stationery and office equipment, conducting regular stock checks, and preparing requests for replacement supplies.
- Front of House – answering the doorbells and greeting clients and other visitors, offering tea and coffee etc.
- Client meetings – regular checking of room booking diaries to ensure that client meeting rooms are cleared of papers, used cups etc. and tidied ready to receive clients. Offering and preparing tea, coffee, and water for clients.
- Ordering in sandwiches etc. for longer client meetings where specifically requested by a fee-earner from time to time
Alongside your role, you will study towards the level 3 business administration qualification. As time goes by, there will be the opportunity for the apprentice to develop an interest in a specific area such as secretarial or IT support.
Requirements and prospects
The company will expect you to be familiar with the use of standard software packages such as Word, Excel and also know how to use and access Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
The company are looking for an individual who is presentable, enthusiastic to assist colleagues, and a team player.
You will be expected to have achieved 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English and maths.
May lead to a more senior role in office administration, marketing, or IT support, depending upon the needs of the firm and the interests of the apprentice.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Ralli Solicitors is a leading law firm with offices in Manchester and London. They offer a full range of legal services to businesses and individuals.
They cover a wide range of areas with specialists in each field. An ethos of remaining current and a commitment to offering clients a bespoke professional service has continued to secure the firms longevity.
THE APPRENTICE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Apprentice Academy
Sam Willcock 0161 200 1673 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if not already achieved)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Training provided by the employer and online with The Apprentice Academy
- 7000+ online resources available
- 1 to 1 coaching with experienced coach
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.