Apprentice Production Chef The Down Inn
Apprentice Production Chef is required to carry out general food preparation. You will be working as part of a team in time-bound and often challenging kitchen environments.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
02 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
General food preparation, working a shift pattern.
Duties will include:
- Preparing fresh vegetables
- Steaming and roasting vegetables to top up the carvery
- Preparing starters
- Cooking main courses
- Making desserts
Requirements and prospects
- Any previous catering experience would be good but not essential as training will be given
- Good standard of personal hygiene
- Good team player
- Works well under pressure
- Flexible approach
- Any catering qualifications would be an advantage
Full-time with great prospects for future progression at the Down Inn.
Things to consider
Please note: County Training will likely be in contact with you by phone and by email with updates about this vacancy. Please check your voicemail and inbox often for updates.
About the employer
This is a family run pub/restaurant with 8 letting bedrooms.
We specialise as a carvery, but also run a traditional homemade pub menu.
The Down Inn
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by County Training
COUNTY TRAINING 0345 678 9023 firstname.lastname@example.org
Production Chef level 2 standard which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
- Workplace assessment with one of County Training’s highly experienced workplace Assessors including, as an example, completion of assignments, project and observation of workplace activities
- There may also be a requirement to attend formal teaching sessions to enhance knowledge or work towards completion of functional skills (if required)
- There is also a requirement for you to keep an off the job log which is an important part of your apprenticeship programme
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.