Business Administration Apprenticeship Kayson Green Ltd
You will become an integral member of the office based team and be exposed to the various workflows that contribute to administering a successful business, including but not limited to, sales order processing, purchase order processing, stock management and control, compliance and quality management, communications and IT.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
03 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute
Day to day duties
- Purchase order confirmations
- Collating shipping papers
- Sales day book
- Ordering of stationery
The above day-to-day duties will increase when confidence and experience is gained. The full list of day-to-day duties can be seen on the job description form.
- Internal Sales Manager
Health & Safety
- To comply at all times with Kayson Green’s current Health and Safety policy.
- To report any violations of health and safety immediately to one of the company Directors.
- To co-operate & communicate with the internal sales, administration and logistics teams as well as occasional communication with the company’s external sales team.
- To be responsible for the quality of your own work.
- To work within our ISO 9001 quality system.
Present the company’s professional image; There is no cold calling/selling required. Kayson Green only deals with well-established trade customers.
Requirements and prospects
- Familiar with M.S. Office suite.
- To be able to work on own initiative when required.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive mind-set / attitude.
- Good work ethic.
- Most importantly a desire to learn about running and administering a successful business.
- Essential: GCSE grades C/4 or above in maths and English.
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments.
- A successful candidate may have the opportunity to become a permanent member of the internal technical sales team and/or further their professional training by pursuing a further recognized and relevant course.
Things to consider
- A large portion of your work will be computer based, although there is relatively little work that would be described as pure “data entry”. Certain processes are routine in nature, but are always slightly unique and require thought and judgement.
- It is anticipated that specific projects will be assigned to you periodically, where you will be expected to use your initiative and creativity, work autonomously but report regularly directly to your line manager.
- A good understanding of systems surrounding goods inwards and outwards is crucial for administering the office based work, therefore in the initial stages of the apprenticeship you would be exposed to warehouse based workflows.
- Being a small team, we need to overlap with one another’s roles and step in whenever and wherever needed – this role will therefore give exposure to the varied aspects of administering a business.
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date.
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer.
About the employer
Kayson Green is a leading distributor of abrasive products in the UK and Ireland. With 40 years' experience of servicing a cross section of customers across the UK and Irish manufacturing base, at Kayson Green we work closely with our customers to help develop optimal grinding solutions. Kayson Green remains a family controlled business but benefits from a minority holding from a medium sized German based manufacturer.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206712043 firstname.lastname@example.org
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.