Stockroom/Despatch Operative Apprentice BUBBLES SHOWERS AND BATHROOMS LTD
Looking for a proactive individual who can use own initiative and take control of the stock room. You will play a vital role in creating a streamlined stock process that will help other team members.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
30 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organising and retrieving stock in the stock room. Maintaining a clean and tidy working area/environment.
During your apprenticeship you will work towards your qualification, whilst being able to apply your learning to the real life business environment. In turn, you will receive first class training & excellent conditions.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare parcels for mailing/shipping
- Assist unloading vehicles and checking in stock/equipment/products
- Locate and transport assets within the stock room area
- Rotate stock where applicable
- Maintain inventories, material receipt and dispatch within the required deadlines
- Maintaining a safe and tidy facility with all items situated within the correct locations
- Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed manually/electronically. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Work within operating procedures/standards for the stores
- Compare information on documentation to shipments received or issued to verify accuracy of order; completes requisitions, inventory or invoices and other documentations related to the delivery or shipment
- To carry out any reasonable task within your capabilities as instructed by your Manager
- Wear the proper safety equipment
Physical demands and abilities:
- At times this will be a physically demanding role, involving Manual Handling - Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling etc.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Listening skills and able to follow instruction
- Genuine interest within this sector and manual work
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Good health and fitness state
GCSE Grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent in English and maths.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Bubbles Bathrooms is a showroom and retail unit for showers, bathrooms and hot tubs; it is over 7,000 sq feet and based in Mansfield Woodhouse. The showroom has over 40 permanently installed bays showcasing a wide range of fitted bathrooms products, along with many accessories to give your bathroom a finishing touch.
BUBBLES SHOWERS AND BATHROOMS LTD
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.