Childcare Apprenticeship - NVQ Level 2 SMART START CHILDCARE LIMITED
We love to gain inspiration from your children, by listening to their thoughts and ideas. They are in a beautiful former farm house, surrounded by greenery. We have a passionate team and thrive off fun child-lead learning and free play. There is a great outdoor space; with many areas of learning including a forest school and artificial grass.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2022
30 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are adhered to at all times
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Creative skills
Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their childcare skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting. This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development. The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual with patience and a caring nature and be imaginative and willing to get stuck in.
Successful applicants will:
- Have grade C/4 or above in English and maths GCSE (or equivalent), or Functional Skills Level 2
During the Intermediate Apprenticeship in childcare you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator.
Things to consider
You will need to attend our Training Academy in Birmingham City Centre for 24 days out of your whole apprenticeship, for your classroom-based learning and will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor.
About the employer
Smart Start Childcare love to gain inspiration from their children, whether it be taken from your child’s interest, listening to your child’s voice or learning through natural, realistic opportunities. They are in a beautiful former farm house named Poachers Pocket, and surrounded by greenery and woodland, just 6 miles from Birmingham.
We have a passionate team and thrive off exciting, child-lead learning and free play. We offer your child fabulous fun-filled days of activities to help children learn and make lots of new friends. There is an amazing outdoor space; over one acre of land, with many areas of learning. This includes a forest school and artificial grass- so rainy days are just as fun!
SMART START CHILDCARE LIMITED
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SWIFTACI
Jessica Jones 0121 594 0459 JessicaJ@swiftcc.co.uk
Level 2 NVQ Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce - Your apprenticeship will last for 12 months (depending on the provision in which you are employed). You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship. As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.