Apprentice Early Years Educator - Sidcop Nursery - Barnsley -S72 8TQ - CB004 Sidcop Road Community Nursery
Sidcop Nursery has a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate individual to join the part of the Childcare care team. The ideal candidate will already hold the level 2 qualification in childcare.
Closing date: 12 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
30 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The main duties for this job role are as follows,
- Check all toys and equipment in the nursery considering health and safety at all times
- Ensure that all daily routines are followed
- Prepare snacks for children within the setting
- Provide a full and varied plan of safe, entertaining, and creative play, to ensure each child reaches their full potential
- Recording observations and updating individual children records
- Put forward ideas for planning topics and activities
- Adhere to all the nurseries policies
- Ensure that confidentiality is applied at all times to children, staff, parents, and carers.
- Be responsible for setting up, carrying out and evaluating activities
- Carry out activities and cleaning duties when required within the nursery. Ensuring the premises are clean and tidy in preparation for the following day
- Attend regular meetings with other staff members
- Flexibility to be shown by all staff, to cover in other rooms as and when required
- Carry out any request made by the manager immediately
- Promote and advertise the Nursery in a positive way at all times (This may include leaflet distribution)
- Report any concerns regarding a child to the manger, in confidence
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills (to children, carers, parents, and or guardians)
- A happy, positive attitude and approach to work at all times
- Ability to use own initiative and common sense at all times
- To provide a caring environment for all children
- Ensure that everyone is made to feel welcome within the nursery: Children, Parents, Visitors and Staff
You have already attained a level 2 Diploma in Childcare (or equivalent) and your looking to progress onto a level 3 we will require GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship placement you may be offered a full-time position subject to the needs of the business.
Things to consider
Please ensure you can commute to and from the business within a respectable time.
About the employer
Sidcop Nursery believes that all children are individuals and will reach their potential in a warm and inviting environment.
We will help your children to develop skills early, learning through play and the age appropriate activities and experiences in a safe place.
We provide a range of quality affordable childcare to meet all your childcare needs and have done since 1995.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Caitlyn Blakeway 01709889868 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.