Software Development Apprentice - Level 3 Crest Software
A leading and well established software company that specialise in supplying of software to the Construction and Engineering industries, both in the UK and overseas are looking for an Apprentice to join their team. This is a newly created role for someone looking for an opportunity to help shape the company’s development.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Nov 2021
29 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- 1st line support for incoming calls and emails
- Diagnosing and recording technical issues and providing solutions for customers
- Assisting with remote installations and configuration of all our products
- Product testing
- Producing and annotating product videos
- Perform online training sessions to customers
- Producing technical sheets and training notes
- Maintaining product help and tutorial systems
- Assisting with the implementation of a new support/knowledge base system
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service experience
- Problem solving skills
- Experience working with different software
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry would be an advantage
- Previous support experience preferred but not essential
- Communication skills
- Proven general IT knowledge and computer/construction qualifications
- Ability to learn quickly and understand specific software applications
- Effective time management skills, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative, but happy to be part of a team
- Ability to engage and communicate with customers by phone and email
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) A-C/9-4, must have maths and English
- A-levels/ BTEC or equivalent
Full time job role after the apprenticeship is finished for the right candidate.
Things to consider
NOTE: If your application is successful, you must attend an initial telephone interview with Bournemouth & Poole College before your details are put forward to this employer. This will be arranged by an invitation from The College. This is not an interview for the job.
Flexible on start date.
Working hours to be confirmed.
Please research the course at college, job role and sector for your college telephone interview.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Established for over twenty years and is a leading specialist supplier of software to the Construction and Engineering industries, both in the UK and overseas. They provide a unique range of planning, estimating, valuation and document management solutions to satisfy the market’s requirements. We pride ourselves in quality products, with the full backing of professional training and consultancy, and firmly believe that all our customers should derive the maximum benefit from their investment. Currently all of their technical and support staff have previously worked in either the Construction or Engineering industries, ensuring a substantial level of knowledge is always available for the customers.
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Carina George email@example.com
- Level 3 Software Development Technician standard
- Functional Skills (if required)
- You will be working four days of the week and one day a week at the Bournemouth and Poole College
- On the job training is provided. Class room based on Thursdays at the College
Software development technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.