Welding Apprentice Fab Link Uk Ltd
Two apprentices required to learn general MIG, TIG and ARC Welding skills as well as preventative maintenance of the equipment
Closing date: 25 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
29 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is an opportunity for two welding apprentices to work in the company's welding production department.
Main duties will involve:
- MIG / MAG techniques
- Reading technical drawings
- Welding various parts into an assembly
- Preventative maintenance of equipment
Part of the training will involve attending In-Comm Training Services, in Aldridge, two days per week for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communications
- Able to work independently and with others
- No previous experience is necessary but should be able to demonstrate an interest in welding or engineering
- Committed to this training
- Can-do attitude
- GCSE grades 9-4 in English and maths as a minimum
- Full time welding position upon satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Please ensure you are able to travel to In-Comm Training Services, Aldridge,WS9 8UG, as well as to the company.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
Fablink is a UK based Manufacturing Group which supplies products ranging from light sheet metal pressings and assemblies through to more complex products such as tanks, cabs and chassis.
Customers include CAT, DAF, JCB,. KION, PERKINS and TOREX.
The company have a depth of engineering technical capacity and capability with strong design, tooling and prototyping with new product development.
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
General welder (arc processes) level 2.
The training for this apprenticeship will be delivered over a period of 15 months, with the apprentice required to attend college 2 days per months during this time (at In-Comm Training Services Limited, Aldridge, WS9 8UG), to achieve knowledge, understanding and competence in the following subjects:
- General and Welding Specific Health and Safety
- Dimensional and Mechanical Properties of Materials
- Welding Procedures, Parameters and Symbols
- Testing and Inspection
- Welding Defects
- MIG, MAG and FCAW processes
- MMA Processes
- TIG-TAG and PAW Processes
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.