Apprentice Freight Forwarder UNIEXPRESS LIMITED
Wanting to start a career in logistics and freight forwarding? Then Uni Express are offering an exciting opportunity to the right candidate to join their team and make the difference! Operating at EMA, you will be working alongside industry professionals while gaining the International Freight Forwarding Specialist L3 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
29 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Key Responsibilities can include:
- Complete ownership of a job, from quoting, through to booking, and invoicing for our customers across our air, sea, rail, and road portfolio
- Liaise with third parties including internal, and External UK/Overseas partners to coordinate, Book and monitor international shipments
- Ensure shipments are completed effectively by ensuring our Transport Management System is maintained and kept up-to-date by accurate data entry
- Understanding the correct process to use dependent on the situation presented, and the rules and regulations that apply
- Produce international transit documentation via our Transport Management System
- UK import/export customs entries
- Proactively working with stakeholders to resolve queries, exceptions and discrepancies should they arise
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service to all stakeholders and upkeeping a positive relationship with our customers through upholding a high level of both written and verbal communication
- Supporting the business with any additional tasks where required
- Maintaining a team-oriented atmosphere
- Continuous improvement via team briefing and any additional training offered
Requirements and prospects
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills, and able to build relationships
- Good organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise workload while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to proactively and creatively solve problems
- High level of IT skills, including knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with eligibility to work in the UK
- Approachable, and a team player
- Positive, polite, and friendly
- Professional and flexible
- Willingness with an eagerness and self-motivation to learn, and use their initiative
- Takes pride in their work, and is willing to accept responsibility and feedback to enable them to grow
- Commitment to complete the apprenticeship, and any relevant coursework to the best of their ability
5 GCSE’s 9-4/A*-C including maths and English or equivalent.
The aim is that apprentices move into a permanent position within the business towards the end of their Fixed Term Contract. We also offer a competitive salary with incremental increases and benefits in line with permanent employees.
Things to consider
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
About the employer
Based in the UK, Uniexpress are one of the most successful privately-owned international freight forwarding companies. We operate out of five sites in England, Bradford, East Midlands Airport, Leeds, Manchester, and Newcastle.
We have been established for over 35 years and in that time, we have grown from a small, independent company, into one of the leading businesses within our sector. We specialise in providing a personal service from start to finish for our customers, including arranging shipments by Sea, Air and Road.
We are dedicated to providing a professional, friendly and timely service to all of our customers to enable them to have a stress-free experience. As a result, we operate a service-led system with key account managers working tirelessly to provide a streamlined service for our clients from start to finish.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 01509 618019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in International Freight Forwarding Specialist
- L2 Functional Skills English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
End-point assessment (EPA) is the final stage that an Apprentice goes through to complete their Apprenticeship. The Apprentice must show their learning to an independent end-point assessor and the grades available are distinction, pass or fail. The EPA will consist of:
- Written Knowledge Test
- Assessment of portfolio of evidence
- Observation in workplace
- Professional discussion relating to CPD activity
On Programme Assessment includes:
Regular formative assessment, development of a portfolio demonstrating learning and development activities with their application in the workplace and a work-based project. As part of the qualification, Apprentices must complete all units and be competent in real work environment.
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.